{12} : A Candle Light Dinner

By the end of our laughing session, my stomach was paining because of so much laughing. I bet it was the same with Ashton.

After calming ourselves, we sat in silence.

I started thinking about things because we weren't talking. Just then, a random thought struck me. It was so random that you won't believe me.

"Ashton, am I a good kisser?" I asked.

See, I told you!

After asking the question, I really wanted to face-palm myself. I tried to keep a straight face, much like a poker face.

I didn't even look at Ashton because I was scared of his reaction.

Few minutes passed by, but still no response from Ashton. I didn't pester him. If he wants to answer my question then he will. I don't want to embarrass myself more by repeating my question.

"Rachael," Ashton started to say, "We kissed for like a few seconds that time. So, I can't really tell that you are a good kisser or not."

I can't believe that we were talking about whether I am a good kisser or not! And since we were talking about kissing, I wanted to kiss Ashton.

My hormones were active now.

I looked at him. My gaze fell on his lips. While looking at his lips, I asked, "Can I kiss you to find out whether I'm a good kisser or not?"

When I was done asking the question, I looked back at him. And he had a look of shock on his face.

After thinking how to handle the situation, he opened his mouth to speak. I had a feeling that I won't like what he was going to say.

So, I did what I found best. I pressed my lips on his lips before words came out of his mouth. He had frozen at my action.

I put my fingers in his hair and deepen the kiss. After a few seconds, Ashton started responding to my kiss.

Our kiss was what I'd like to call "the perfect kiss." We weren't eating each other's faces, just like it is shown in the movies.

We were taking it slow. We were consumed in the sweet taste of our lips together. We were kissing like lovers who were meeting after a long time. Our lips were working on their own accord, speaking in a language that only love could understand.

My lips never left his lips. Our kiss was filled with so much passion that I didn't wanted our kiss to ever end. But we broke apart because we needed air to breathe.

We were breathing steadily now. Our faces were inches apart. Our lips were not that far from each other.

I was about to kiss him again but he looked at me with an intense look.

"Rachael, I like you," Ashton said. "I liked you from the very beginning. But since you were my best friend's sister, I had to suppress my feelings for you."

"Even if I was your best friend's sister, you could still like me and date me. You didn't have to suppress your feelings for me," I told him.

He laughed, "Michael would've killed me if he had known that I have feelings for you."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because he thinks that I'm a jerk," he said with a laugh.

"You are not a jerk," I was quick to defend my crush.

He laughed and said, "When it comes to you, Michael thinks that every friend of his is a jerk. So, he doesn't want you to date any of his friends, which includes me."