{15} : Crying My Heart Out

Author's Note: Rank #810 in Humor! Yeah! Thanks to all those people who have voted and commented on this story so far. Keep supporting this story! :) 

{15} : Crying My Heart Out

"Do I looking happy now after knowing the truth?" I asked. A tear escaped my eye. Knowing that my parents were murdered was just too harsh for me. And it hurts even more for me to know that Michael was hiding such a big thing from me!

I just broke down in front of Ashton. I started crying with all my might. I was finding it very difficult to endure the pain that I was feeling.

Ashton couldn't see me crying anymore so he pulled me towards him. And now, I was crying on his shoulder while he ran his hand on my back, trying to soothe me.

I have never cried in front of anyone. I used to always cry silently in a dark corner of my room, never letting anyone know that I used to cry every night. And why I used to cry? Because I terribly missed my parents.

People think of me as a strong person but I was never a strong person. In fact, I was very weak from the inside. How could I be strong when so much pain was buried inside of me? And the pain was because of my parents' death.

The first time when I was told about my parents' death, I was shattered like a broken mirror. My whole world turned upside down after the news. I tried to be strong but I just couldn't bring myself to do that. I just used to pretend to be a strong person. I had build walls around me to protect myself.

But today, those walls came crashing down after knowing the truth. I never thought that I would cry so much. I wasn't aware that I was capable of enduring so much pain and that's what is killing me!

I never thought that I would be crying and that too on Ashton's shoulder.

Stop crying. I told myself.

Tears had stopped coming out of my eyes. I moved my head away from Ashton's shoulder. I was composed now. Sort of.

"There are still a lot of things you need to know. Do you want to hear them now?" Ashton asked.

I just nodded. After crying my heart out, I didn't have energy to talk.

Ashton started telling me, "Michael and I were told about a hacker who hacked a famous bank's main computer and vanished a large amount of money. No one knows where that money went or who the hacker is. All we know is that the same hacker had once tried hacking the main computer of Special Squad."

He continued, "Michael and I are hackers too. We, Sandra and Mark were given the assignment of finding this hacker. Michael, along with Sandra and Mark, has gone out of town to that bank to check their main computer to get any information they can get about the hacker."

"Wait a minute. If you and Michael were given the assignment then why didn't you go with him out of town?" I asked.

Ashton's POV

"Wait a minute. If you and Michael were given the assignment then why didn't you go with him out of town?" Rachael asked.

"Rachael, you should know that this is a very dangerous assignment. There were possibilities that if the hacker knew that Michael was working on tracking him and if the hacker knew about you then he would definitely use you against Michael. In short, you would be in danger. So, I stayed back to protect you," I told her.

I decided to tell her about the phone call that I received from Michael the day we were discussing about his sexuality.

Flashback...

I smiled at Rachael as I said, "Be with the guy whom you like. I just want you to be happy." She, too, smiled.

"And I would love if you choose to be with me," I added. I grabbed her chin and leaned in to kiss her. Our lips were about to touch. But our kiss was interrupted by my phone ringing.

Ugh! I wanted to kiss her so bad!

I took out my phone from my jeans and answered the call without even looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I said on the phone.

"Rachael is in danger," it was Michael's voice.

"What?!" Shock was evident in my voice. I rose from the sofa and went straight to my room and closed the door so that Rachael couldn't hear me.

"Ashton, I was close to knowing some information about the hacker but today, I got a call from him telling me to drop the assignment otherwise he will kill Rachael. I'm scared for her, Ashton," Michael told me.

"Michael, don't worry. I'll protect her and keep her safe. I won't let anyone hurt her," I told him.

"I know, dude. Take care of Rachael and take care of yourself too."

"You too," I said to him and we ended the call.

I opened my bedroom door and went to the sitting room and sat beside Rachael.

Flashback Ends...

"So, Michael was the one who had called me that time," I told Rachael.

For a few minutes, she was quiet. But then she spoke, "I'm in danger?"

"Yes," I answered.

"And you stayed back to protect me?"

"Yes."

"The man dressed in all black who broke into your apartment today came to kill me?"

"Yes."

I looked at her. She was trying to take in all the information that she came to know today.

"So, you and Michael are secret agents?" she asked after a few minutes of silence.

"Yes."

"Since when?"

"Our training had started when we were fifteen but we officially became secret agents at the age of eighteen," I told her.

"So, working as secret agent is your job?"

"Yes."

"How did you both got introduced to Special Squad?" she asked, her face showed curiosity now.

"Michael's godparents were secret agents so they introduced him to the Special Squad. And my grandparents introduced me. Grandpa and Grandma were secret agents too," I answered.

"Ashton, were your parents secret agents too?"

"Yes, they were. But the saddest part was that they too were murdered, just like your parents, when they were on some assignment." Recalling that my parents were murdered gives me pain.