{17} : "Rachael, It's Not A Moon That You Want To Set Your Foot On It First."

Author's Note: I would kindly request all the people who are reading this story to show your support. :) Vote and comment! :) It would mean a lot to me! :)

{17} : "Rachael, It's Not A Moon That You Want To Set Your Foot On It First."

"It's my life. I can do anything I want. I don't want you to take decisions on my behalf. I'm tired of everyone telling me what to do and what not to do," I said to him. I was clearly pissed off now. I rose from the couch and was about to walk away from there but Ashton grabbed my arm.

"I'm sorry if you thought that I was telling you what to do and what not to do. But I care about you, Rachael and I don't want you to be in any kind of danger," Ashton said.

I sighed. My anger was fading away after hearing that Ashton cared about me. I already knew that he cared about me but every time hearing him say that makes this stupid smile appear on my face.

He was smiling at me too. My gaze fell on my arm, which he hadn't released from his grip. My cheeks started heating up. He looked where I was looking and left my hand. He apologized and I could see that he was blushing too.

Suddenly he remembers something. He rose from the couch and said, "Let's go to the safe place."

"This house is not the safe place?" I asked in confusion.

"No, Rachael. The house underneath this house is the safe place," Ashton answered.

"There's a house underneath this house?" I asked in amazement, basically repeating the same thing he said.

"Yeah. C'mon, let's go," he said and held out his hand for me to take. I gladly took his hand.

He took me to a room where our suitcases were resting on the bed. He took me to the bathroom which I found to be a little strange. Is this the way to the underground house?

He left my hand and went to the medicine cabinet and opened it. There were medicine bottles and tablets. He pushed them aside. He put his hand on the back of the cabinet and slided his hand across it.

A sliding door like thing was moved to the right side by Ashton's hand. I didn't know that there was a sliding door like thing at the back of the cabinet. It almost looked like it was the part of the cabinet.

When the sliding door was moved aside, I could see a small keyhole behind it. Maybe the sliding door thing was there to conceal the small keyhole.

Ashton put his hand in his jeans pocket and took out something. When I went near him, I realized that he was holding a small key. He put the small key in that small keyhole and turned the key. There was a sound behind me. What's the sound? Ashton took out the key from the keyhole.

Ashton turned around. I didn't realize that I was standing so close to him that when he turned around, his nose touched my nose. I jumped a little back due to the contact. He and I started to laugh nervously.

When we stopped laughing, he went towards the bathtub. I followed him towards the bathtub. The bathtub was moved a little forward. So, the sound was of the bathtub sliding forward.

Ashton went behind the bathtub and kneeled down. What is he doing?

He took the same key that he had put in the keyhole in the medicine cabinet. I went near the bathtub. There was a keyhole where Ashton was kneeling. What was a keyhole doing there?

The keyhole was in the centre of a large tile. He put the key in the keyhole and turned the key. He took out the key from the keyhole and he started lifting up the tile and I could see a stair underneath.

Stair leading to the underground house.

"Now, that's what I was talking about when I said that secret agents have interesting life! What could be more interesting than living in a secret underground house?" I said excitingly. Ashton rolled his eyes.

"Shall we go down then?" he asked while getting up on his feet.

"I thought you would never ask," I said. Before I could make my way to the stair, Ashton stopped me.

"Let me go first," he said.

"Why?" I whined. "I want to set my foot in the underground house first!"

"Rachael, it's not a moon that you want to set your foot on it first," Ashton said.

"Why are you being such a kill-joy?"

"Maybe because you're in danger and the only possible way for me to protect you is to get you inside this underground house of which you can see just two steps and the other steps are covered in darkness. I don't want you to go in there first because you might trip. Let me go first and then when I reach down, I can switch on the lights for you," he said.

I was too excited to go inside this secret underground house that I had forgotten that I was in danger. And also the fact that we could only see the two steps of the stair because of the sunlight coming from the bathroom window and the rest of the steps were covered in darkness. So, there was a high possibility of me tripping over. Ashton knew me very well.

I nodded and gestured for him towards the stair. He started descending the stair. I looked down, trying to find him in the darkness. Suddenly the lights down there were switched on. And I could finally see the whole of the stair.