{32} : "What's Wrong?"

Rachael's POV

Ashton and I were having an afternoon nap but my sleep was soon interrupted when my phone started ringing. I unwrapped myself from Ashton's arms. He stirred but didn't wake up. I reached for my phone.

Michael was calling me. I got up from the bed and went to the other room so that Ashton doesn't get disturbed.

After entering in the room, I closed that door behind me.

"Hello?" I said on the phone.

"Is Ashton around?" Michael asked me.

"No. I'm in the other room," I answered.

"Rachael, I want to tell you something. The thing that I'm going to tell you will make you panic. But don't panic. Try to stay calm," Michael said.

"Okay."

He started telling me, "Today, I encoded the data which I got from the bank's main computer. The hacking pattern that I found there matches with the hacking pattern of Ashton. Ashton is the hacker that we're looking for."

I am shocked after hearing my brother. "Ashton cannot be the hacker!" I'm not ready to believe my brother.

"He is the hacker! He's the one who tried to hack Special Squad's main computer and who vanished a large amount of money from the bank's main computer. You need to stay away from him, as far as possible. Don't let him know that you know the truth about him. Try to act normal when he's around. Don't let him suspect anything," Michael instructed me.

He continued, "I'm leaving from here. I'll be there by tomorrow. Till then, stay safe. Be careful and take care."

 And he ended the call.

For a few minutes, I sat on the bed and started to process things. Ashton cannot be the hacker my brother is looking for! He is mistaken!

I got up from the bed and walked in Ashton's room. I stood beside the bed as I watched him sleeping. How can such a good person be a hacker? Michael is surely mistaken.

Ashton slowly opened his eyes and saw me looking at him. He smiled.

"Baby, why are you standing?" he asked, still lying on the bed. "Come here," he said as he patted the space beside him.

I sat beside him. He sat up.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he looked at my face. Did my face show him that something's wrong?

"Nothing," I said and shook my head.

"Something is bothering you. I can tell by looking at your face. What's the matter?" He asked, turning my face towards him.

Now is the time for the confrontation.

"Have you ever done something wrong?" I asked him.

"What do you mean by doing something wrong?" he asked back.

"I mean, have you done something wrong which might put you behind bars?" I asked him again. "And I want the truth," I said to him seriously.

"No," he said. By the look on his face, I could tell that he was telling the truth.

"Why did you ask me this?" he asked.

I started telling him, "Just now, I got a call from my brother. He told me that you're the hacker that he's looking for. He also said that the pattern used for hacking the bank main's computer and your hacking pattern are the same."

"What?!" Ashton exclaimed in shock. He took my face in his hands and said, "Believe me, Rachael. I didn't hack that bank's main computer."

I nodded my head. "I know."

I've known him for years and I know for sure that a guy like him cannot be a bad guy.

He kissed me. I kissed him back.

"I'm being framed," he said after the kiss.

I nodded my head. "Michael's coming tomorrow here," I informed him.

"Let him come. I seriously need to talk to him," he said to me. We hug each other.

When we pull back from the hug, Ashton's gaze goes to the TV screen and he becomes shocked. I follow his gaze to the screen and I'm too shocked.

How can it be possible?

On the screen, I can see people wearing black uniform, carrying big guns. They were emerging from the trees. But that didn't shock me.

The fact that shocked me was the two familiar faces of the people.

Those two faces were familiar to me because those familiar faces belonged to my parents.