{38} : Caught Making Out

Author's Note: This story has crossed 10,000 reads! Wow! :) 

{38} : Caught Making Out

Ashton's POV

"Where is Rachael?" I asked Sandra.

"On the fourth floor," she replied. She made her way to the staircase. I quickly followed behind, keeping my eyes open for any of the enemies.

We made it to the fourth floor.

Sandra looked through the keyhole of the staircase door. Then, she turned to look at me.

"There are two guards," she informed me.

"Let's go," I said to her, ready with our pistols.

We opened the door. Before the guards could see us, we aimed at their hands and fired.

The weapons in their hands dropped on the floor. Before they could pick them up, our hands were already around their necks. They were struggling to free their necks.

"Where are your bosses?" I asked the man whose neck I was holding.

"On the seventh floor," he answered chokingly.

I dropped him to the floor and punched him unconscious. Sandra did the same thing to the other guard.

Then, Sandra started working on opening the door while I collected pistols from the guard's uniform.

I heard a click and saw that Sandra had opened the door. I entered the room before her, the feeling of seeing Rachael overpowered me.

I saw Rachael sitting on the bed. Our eyes locked. I quickly rushed to her and engulfed her in my arms. I was relieved to see her safe.

"Thank God you're safe!" I said in her hair. I pulled apart, grabbing her face and kissing her. We were kissing each other with so much urgency. But our make-out session was interrupted by someone's cough.

Even after hearing someone's cough, I would've continued to kiss Rachael but she pulled away to look at Sandra, who had coughed. Rachael blushed because we were caught making out by Sandra.

Sandra had a small smile on her face. "When did you both become a couple?" she asked us.

Rachael was about to speak but I cut her off saying, "We'll tell you the whole story later. Sandra, you need to get Rachael out of here."

I gently pushed Rachael and Sandra towards the door.

Rachael turned back to look at me. She asked, "Aren't you coming with us?"

"No, I'm going to help Michael and Mark," I answered. "Now, go," I told them.

"I'm not going anywhere without you," Rachael said.

"And I'm not going anywhere without Michael," Sandra said.

I went towards them and said, "Now is not the time to be stubborn. Michael came here to rescue you, Rachael, to get you out of here. And he won't like the fact that you're unwilling to leave this building. Sandra, Michael wants you too to be safe. So, you guys need to get out of here."

I grabbed their arms and dragged them towards the staircase door. "Go!" I told them. They reluctantly obeyed me. I saw them descending the stairs.

Now, I need to get to the seventh floor, where Michael and Mark are. With a pistol in my hand, I went to the seventh floor by using the staircase.

Rachael's POV

Sandra and I were running down the stairs.

Just as we were about to reach the first floor, we stopped after seeing my mother, who had a gun in her hand. She was practically aiming at Sandra. "Don't move," Mom said to us.

I was shocked after seeing a gun in Mom's hand. Mom has definitely changed over the years.

"You would kill your own daughter?!" I asked her.

"I won't kill you Rachael but I might kill your friend if she tries any smart move," Mom said.

There were two guards behind her. Mom ordered them, "Hold them and check for any weapons which they may have."

The two guards came towards us, holding us in place before starting to check in our pockets for any weapons. There were none in my pockets but Sandra had a pistol in her pocket. The guard took the pistol and gave it to Mom.

We were struggling against the hold of the guards.

Mom told Sandra, "Stop struggling otherwise I'll kill you."

Sandra stopped struggling. Mom's threat to Sandra made me stop struggling too.

"Let's go," she said to the guards. She started ascending the stairs and the guards were dragging us up.

We reached the seventh floor. Mom opened the staircase door and entered. We followed behind her.

The sight made me shocked. There were many unconscious men lying on the floor. Did Michael and Ashton did this to all these men?

"I didn't think that these men were too weak," Mom mumbled to herself.

She went in a room while we stood at the doorway. The room was filled with machines, big computers, screens, keyboards etc.

I saw Mom taking out a chip from one of the computers and put it in her pocket. Is it that chip which has names of the traitors encoded in it?

I wanted to ask Mom but I was unsure about her answering me so I didn't bother to ask her.

Suddenly, we heard a gun fire. I started looking around for the source of the sound but didn't find anyone other than Mom, Sandra, I and the two guards.

I saw Mom looking at the ceiling. "They are on the terrace," she said.

They? Who?

Ashton?

Michael?

Dad?