{37} : "What Are You Doing Here?"

Author's Note: Does anyone remember that I had written in the summary that this is not a typical love story? I hope this story is living up to that standard. :)

{37} : "What Are You Doing Here?"

I interrupted Mom, "How did you know that Michael was coming to get me?"

"We had men after him to inform us," she said. She continued, "We weren't sure whether Ashton had seen us on the security computer back at your underground safe place. So, we couldn't risk of Ashton telling Michael that he saw us on the security computer. That would have started some research on us and we didn't want that. We wanted to keep our existence a secret," Mom explained.

After a pause, she said, "That's the reason why we brought Ashton here and since you too know that we're alive, we brought you here.

"I can't believe that you are my parents," that's all I could think of saying.

They didn't say anything. They just exited the room. Dad closed the door behind him.

After a few minutes, I reached for the door. I tried to open it but the door was locked.

My parents had locked me inside the room! I'm so angry at them. I even kick at the door trying to get my anger out.

I wish Ashton could be here with me. I don't know what my parents will do to him.

They still think that their existence is a secret but it isn't. Ashton had sent the footage of them to Michael. And now, even Michael knows that our parents are alive.

I'm just scared for Ashton. I hope they don't hurt him. I won't be able to live if something happens to him.

And what about Michael? How will he react when he doesn't find us in that safe house?

I want him here.

But how will he know where we are?

Michael's POV

Sandra, Mark and I were hiding behind a car. We were looking at the old building. Two armed men were guiding the entrance.

You must be wondering how we reached here.

When we reached the safe house, we saw that three men were taking Ashton to a car. Then, we saw that Rachael was being escorted by my parents to another car. And we followed them here.

Luckily, they didn't notice us following them.

And now, we were hiding behind a car. I signal for Sandra and Mark to attack the men guarding the entrance.

I, along with them, made our way quietly to the men and attacked them. In the early stage of our training, we were taught how to make a person unconscious by punching them. So, we made the men unconscious by punching them.

They fell on the ground and we took their guns.

We quickly went inside the building. We saw lots of armed men there. Before they could see us, we made our way to the staircase without getting noticed.

We climbed the stairs to the first floor. We caught hold of an armed man, snatching his rifle in process.

I straightaway went for his neck, gripping it tightly, choking him.

"A boy and a girl were brought in this building. On which floor are they? Tell me otherwise I will kill you!" I threatened him.

"The boy is on the third floor and the girl is on the fourth floor," the man choked.

I released my grip from his neck. The man fell on his knees, gasping for air. I picked him up to his feet and punched him, knocking him unconscious.

By climbing the staircase, we reached the third floor. Through the keyhole of the staircase door, I saw my parents exiting a room, locking its door. They made their way to the lift. And then, they disappeared from my sight.

I focused back on the room, which was being guarded by men.

It must be the room where Ashton is being kept.

There were many men on the third floor, probably to prevent Ashton from escaping. It seemed as if there were at least ten men on this floor. All of them had weapons.

I turned to Mark and Sandra, telling them about the situation.

"What should we do?" Sandra whispered so that men on the other side of the door could not hear her.

"I have a plan," I said to her.

I told them about my plan. They nodded understandingly. And we started executing the plan.

Ashton's POV

As soon as Rachael's parents exited the room, I started struggling against the handcuffs on my wrist, trying to get them off.

After a few minutes of struggling, I gave up.

Suddenly, a siren went off. This building had a siren? Why was this siren going off?

I didn't think much about it since my gaze went to the door. Someone was struggling with the door. And soon, the door was opened and came in Sandra.

I was surprised to see her here. How did she know that I was brought here? If she's here in this building then Michael must be in this building too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Sandra as she came to me, bobby pins in her hand.

"Came to get you and Rachael out of here," she answered while trying to unlock the handcuffs with the help of bobby pins.

She was successful and my wrists were freed from the handcuffs. I rubbed my wrists along the lines that the handcuffs had caused.

"Let's go! We have to get to Rachael too!" She said, hurrying out of the room. I followed behind her.

When I exited the room, I saw two men lying on the floor near the door. Sandra must have punched them unconscious.

I looked around. Except the two unconscious guards, there were no guards around.

"Where are the other guards?" I asked Sandra who was crouched near the unconscious guards. She took out two pistols from their pockets and gave one to me.

"Michael and Mark are causing a distraction in the seventh floor. So, the rest of the guards went to the seventh floor while two guards remained to guard your room," she answered.

"Where is Rachael?" I asked Sandra.

"On the fourth floor," she replied. She made her way to the staircase. I quickly followed behind, keeping my eyes open for any of the enemies.

We made it to the fourth floor.