1

"Hey! Ready for class?" My best friend Megan asked me, as I got in her car. I sighed, and nodded tiredly.

"For you." She smiled, handing me Starbucks. I sighed contently, and took the cup.

"You're the best." I said and she smiled. She drove us to campus.

"Did you figure out if you're able to come back next year?" She asked.

I attend the University of Manchester, and my names Eleanor Calder. I'm a regular looking girl, nothing special to me. But I'm in a bit of a problem. You see, ever since my parents divorced, we've been dealing with financial issues.

I love this University, and I couldn't imagine graduating somewhere else. Unfortunately, if I don't pay my loans soon, I'll have to go somewhere else. Part time jobs aren't cutting it. I work as a floor model at Hollister, and babysit.

My grades are amazing, but even scholarships don't help.

"I highly doubt I'll be able to attend here next year." I said sadly, and Megan's face fell a bit.

"Did you ever get a call back from that acting job?" She asked me, but I shook my head.

"They never called me back. It's ok though. I'm not that good of an actor anyways." I sighed, and we walked through the gates.

The thing is, I don't know if I'll find a job that pays as well as that one. I mean, thousands a month is a ton of money. That's the only reason I 'auditioned'.

"You have to come back next year Els. What will I do without you?" She pouted, and I smiled sadly.

"Besides, I'm not the only one who will miss you." She said smirking to something behind me. I raised an eyebrow, and turned around to see Ian Bradford.

Ian was the captain of the football team, gorgeous green eyes, and beautiful brown hair that was always styled. Girls fawned over him.

He smiled at me before leaving with his friend Josh. I turned back to Megan and rolled my eyes at her.

"What? He totally likes you." Megan said giddily. I shook my head with a slight chuckle.

"He does not like me." She scoffed at that.

"Sure. Whatever floats your boat honey." Megan laughed. I checked my phone.

"Oh, better get to class. See ya later Megs." I smiled and waved bye to her.

I walked across the grass to get to my class. What am I gonna do about school?

Finding my seat, I sat down and slouched. I've completely given up.

"This seat taken?" A voice asked from beside me. I immediately sat up, and looked into those green eyes. Ian stood there with a smile.

"No, not all." I smiled nervously. He smiled, and sat next to me.

"How are you? Haven't talk to you since high school." He said, and I nodded my head.

"Eh, getting by. Has it really been that long?" I asked, slightly shocked. He chuckled.

"I know right. Hey, remember when Josh and I put silly string all over the halls!" He reminisced, and I laughed nodding my head.

"The good old days." I laughed.

I looked across the room, and noticed Jessica scowling at me. She has a huge crush on Ian. She's perfect. Blonde. Blue eyed. Great sense of fashion that I could never afford.

Jessica smirked and sat on the other side of Ian. He sighed, annoyed.

"Hey guys!" Jessica chirped. Ian was all too aware of her crush.

"Hey Jess." Ian said flatly.

"Eleanor, I saw you applying for that acting job! Guess what?! Me too!" She shouted, and I fought the urge to go crazy on her.

"Didn't know you act?" Ian smiled at me. "I don't, trust me." I laughed.

"Did you hear about the new band One Direction! They're so hot! Omg! I love them!" Jessica piped, but it's like she was trying to make him jealous.

"Oh really?" Ian asked uninterested.

"Yeah! Harry's my favorite. He has the cutest green eyes!" She said looking at Ian. What is she? Five?

"Cool." Ian said looking forward.

"Eleanor, who's your favorite?" She asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Don't have one. They're all cute." I said with a shrug, and Ian smiled at me. I blushed.

"Oh come on, you have to have a favorite." She pushed, and I sighed.

"Fine, Louis. He's really funny and cute." I said, and Ian pretended to have a hurt face making me giggle.

"Am I not funny and cute?" He asked pretending to be sad. I giggled.

"You are." I smiled, and he lit up like a Christmas tree. Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Word is you're not coming back next year? Is it true?" Jessica asked me, and Ian instantly looked at me.

"What? You're not coming back?" He asked.

My heart began to beat fast as they both stared me down.

"Poor Eleanors run out of money, am I right?" Jessica smirked, and I felt the tears forming.

"Jessica." Ian scolded her, and she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"What did I do wrong?" She asked. I got up and ran out of the room with Ian running after me. Before he could catch up to me, I ran into the girl's restroom.

Damn money. Ugh!

I splashed some water on my face, and took a long, hard look at myself in the mirror. I groaned when my phone began to ring, and answered.

"H-hello?" I sniffled.

"Is this Miss Eleanor Calder?" The person asked.

"This is she. Whom I speaking to?" I asked.

"Is this a good time?" The person asked, and I checked the time. Class started in one minute.

"No, it isn't actually." I said apologetically.

"Ah, no worries. You'll be receiving an email shortly. Have a good day Ms. Calder." They hung up. Just like that.

Weird. They didn't even tell me their name. I stepped out of the bathroom, refreshed and yelped in surprise when I felt two arms around me.

"I'm sorry. Jessica is such a bitch." He laughed, but comforted me. I smiled, and hugged him back.

"It's not your fault." I smiled weakly.

"Is it true? You're leaving?" He asked me, hoping for the best, preparing for the worst.

I sighed, and was about to nod my head when my phone buzzed. An email.

Congratulations Miss. Eleanor Jane Calder. We are delighted to tell you, you have been chosen for the part...

My heart summer salted as I read the email. I got the part! I GOT THE PART!

"What is it? Is it true?" He asked again, curious as to why I was smiling like an idiot.

"Not anymore." I smiled.