7

Louis took me back to my dorm, and got an ice pack from the mini fridge.

"Why do let that girl treat you like shit?" He asked me, handing me the ice pack.

"It's just always been that way." I muttered, because it's the truth. Ever since high school.

"Well why don't you stand up to her?"

I sighed, and put the ice pack down.

"Because Louis. That's the way it's always been! I'm always the girl that gets picked on! Even from you!" I shouted, and he was at a loss for words. I rolled my eyes, and pressed the ice to my nose.

"What did I do to make you hate me so much?! You didn't even get to know me before judging me!" I yelled.
He shook his head.

"You wanna know why?! Because you're in it for the same reason as every other girl!!! The money! That's all you want!

I'm not saying I'm looking for a real relationship but shit!! I feel like a fucking toy to them! They're picking my freaking girlfriend for me! I can't even choose who to love! That's why I don't particularly like you!" He yelled, and now I didn't know what to say.

I never looked at this situation through his eyes. It does sound terrible.

"You're right. I'm in it for the money. But I need it!" I quickly added as he scoffed.

"Oh yeah? Why?" He asked.

"Because I can't afford to go to school here anymore!!!" I yelled. His eyes widened with realization.

"I'm so behind on loans that they're practically kicking me out! I can't afford to live in this dorm! So you can't screw this job up Louis! Because I need it!" I yelled, pointing at him.

"Me screw it up?! No! You're the one who will screw it up!! One day they're gonna catch you with lover boy!!" He shot back, and I clenched my fists together.

"Stop calling him that!! His name is Ian!! And what about you! You're such a hypocrite!! I saw you with that red headed girl!!!" I screamed, now furious that we were pointing fingers.

"Only because I saw you with lover boy!!"

"IAN! HIS NAME IS IAN!" I yelled annoyed of lover boy. He scoffed, and rolled his eyes before walking to the door.

"Yeah! Sure! Just leave! Walk away from your problems!" I shouted, tears threatening to leave my eyes.

"Oh babe. I've got a ton of problems, and you aren't one of em." He smirked, and I pulled the ends of my hair. He's driving me crazy!

I slammed the door after he walked out. I. Hate. Him. I don't even want the money at this point. I even began to cry. Just as soon as he left, he came rushing back in. I groaned.

"What the hell do you want?!" I asked.
And he was breathing heavily. Was he running?

"There's a shit ton of paps out there. I can't even leave the building." He cursed under his breath. Ugh.

"Great." I said sarcastically.

"Look, I know you hate me right now--"

"Always." I said.

"--but I can't leave so. You're stuck with me." He smirked. I threw my hands in the, in defeat.

He took a pillow from my bed and laid on the floor. I raised an eyebrow at him, as he tried to make himself comfortable on the floor.

"I have blankets ya know." I said rolling my eyes. He glared at me, as I handed him the blankets.

"You're not staying here for long. I don't care how many paps there are." I snapped, and he scoffed.

"Trust me. I don't wanna be here anymore than you want me here. So let's call it a night, and stop talking." He suggested. That's the best thing he's said all night. I huffed, and laid in my bed.

Louis Tomlinson is laying down on my floor next to me. I sighed, and stared at the ceiling. The only thing we hear is our breathing. I cleared my throat uncomfortably, and spoke.

"I uh...thanks for...talking to Jessica." I can't believe I was thanking him. I heard him sigh.

"Well I had too. You're kind of my responsibility now." He said lowly, but I shook my head and propped up on one elbow by the edge of the bed so he could see me. He turned his head to face me.

"You didn't have too, and technically we're not dating so I'm not your responsibility." I said matter of factly.

The lights were off, but I could still see him rolling his eyes.

"Same difference." He muttered. "I thought we agreed to stop talking." He said.

"Well I'm not done talking." I said.

"Dear God, help me." He said, and I threw a pillow at him. He chuckled, "more cushion for me."

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry about this all. I never looked at this through your perspective. I'd hate to have someone make all my decisions, especially who to love." I whispered. He sighed deeply.

"That's why I've been such a dick lately. I'm usually the life of the party. I swear but when they told me about this arrangement, I lost it." He said shaking his head.

"Why did you need a fake girlfriend?" I asked him, honestly curious to know.

"Because of all the Larry crap going around. At first we thought it was just a bromance, but the fans took it to another level. It's just gotten to too much. So they chose me to have a fake girlfriend, because Harry is obviously the girls favorites." He said.

I frowned at that.

"I'm sure that's not true." I comforted and he scoffed.

"Please. Tell me he's not your favorite." He challenged.

"He's not my favorite." I shrugged my shoulders, "you are. Or were, till I found out what a jerk you are." I said, and he laughed.

My heart nearly stopped. He laughed, but it wasn't a fake laugh or anything.

"You're telling me, I was your favorite. Bullshit." He muttered.

"I'm serious!" I laughed. This is the most I've connected with him, and I liked it.

"What about you and lover boy? You like him?" He asked. I sighed, and laid back on my back.

"Ian...I've had a crush on him since freshman year in high school. I didn't think he'd actually want me back." I said sheepishly.

"Me neither. We're only fake dating and you're already driving me crazy." He said and laughed as I bent over and hit his arm.

"Shut up! It's not like anything can happen now though." I sighed.

"Do you...do you love him?" He asked, and I seriously thought about that question.

"Ians a good guy. He really is. But do I love him? Nah. I had a thing for him but the contract changed my view on it all." I whispered.

"So if the contract didn't happen, you'd go out with him?" He questioned.

"Most likely. I'd never have met you or the boys so." I shook my head. He hummed in response.

"Get some sleep. Don't worry, I'll be gone when you wake up." He whispered.

But I wasn't worrying.

"Goodnight Louis."

"Goodnight Eleanor."

I closed my eyes.