Chapter 4: The First Meeting With Him

"...then... Why didn't you escape from here?" Said Karma flatly.

"I just can't... and if I do that, who will take care of you, Karma-kun?" Nagisa leaning his back on the door.

"Don't think about me.. I can escape from this grubby cracky hut easily anytime I want..."

"Then, why don't you do it?" A sweat dropped on Nagisa's face.

Karma sighed heavily, "to stop me from killing people..."

It made Nagisa could only open his lips with no words came out. His eyes widen as his memory brought him back to the time when Karma and Nagisa met for the first time.

It was an indelible first meeting. Not as a nice view and dramatic situation but more like it was bleak and eerie. When Nagisa was stepping into the mansion, he shocked by a pond which full of blood with a body floating in it. It was a middle aged man with a black suit. It might be one of the butlers here. Next to the pond, there was a boy around his age with bright red hair standing and staring on the corpse. As he ran to him, he heard this boy said 'he jumped off' then the boy walked away. After that, no one spill a word about it until the father asked him not to be friend with that boy. The reason was because he's a cursed child. Nagisa with his curiosity, brought him to this red head boy secretively and unexpectedly they could get along each other. At first, the parents let them be, hopping a better result of their second son. As the time passed, the other incident brought the head of butler died in his room with Karma standing beside of the corpse, he said 'a heart attack' at that time. Still the residents shut their mouth about this, but Nagisa who was spending much time with him knew that all he did was only a prank just for fun. Every time Karma pranking someone, he always did that by himself since he like to play hide and seek with Nagisa; it's a deathly hide and seek. While Nagisa was busy looking for him, Karma would use the time for launching his pranks. The next target made the parents snapped as it was Shia who fell down from the stairs. Fortunately, she's safe with no fatal injuries. This time, for the first time that the parents laid their hands on Karma. From those experiences, Karma doubted himself and he believed that his existence would bring misfortune to others. He didn't fight back every time his parents beating him up.

"Why did you do that?" Nagisa sighed as he releasing a whisper after that short flash back.

"Huh? What was it, Nagisa? Did you say something?" Karma knocking the door.

Nagisa startled; the voice wasn't that loud so he could relieve that Karma didn't hear it, but he had to think fast to make an excuse, "ah, nothing... It's just..." He stuttered.

"Na..gi..sa..." Karma's tone was threatening.

Nagisa panicked, "Why.. Why did you... I mean..." He strengthen his heart, "did you really kill Ralph, Karma-kun?"

For about 10 minutes Karma didn't make a move nor saying a word. Nagisa knew that the parents weren't at home until midnight, so he could stay at the storage room waiting for an answer from Karma. With a heavy sigh, Karma said something that stabbed his heart like he didn't trust him at all.

"If I say no, can you trust me?" Said Karma with a low voice.

For a second, Nagisa's mind projected a tense glare of the amber eyes of this red head guy while saying those words. Was it wrong for asking such a thing? While Nagisa was busy thinking about it, a slam from inside jolted him.

"If I say no.. can.. anyone.. trust me?" Karma's voice sounded dither.

"Karma-kun..." Nagisa worried.

"Just go, Nagisa.. Leave me alone.."

Nagisa left him and ran into the mansion desperately. At his crucial moment he could do nothing.

"How long does it will be?" Said Nagisa as the tears flew on his cheeks.

"Say Nagi... How about make me some snacks than standing and wasting your eye liquid there?" A light calm voice greeted him from the sofa in the living room.

A long black haired-tied up-guy with scarlet eyes was sitting while sweeping red nail polish on his nails then lifted his hands and blowing it softly. It's Kiyomitsu. He didn't talk so much and not interested in socializing. He would only show up when he needed something, the rest was locking himself in his own room. It's the first time that Kiyomitsu said a word to Nagisa. After serving the snacks, Nagisa left him immediately without saying anything. He could feel that there's something about Kiyomitsu, but what was it? Nagisa didn't know and didn't want to know; his instinct told him not to be close to him.

"You're here for years but still don't get what's happened?" Said Kiyomitsu while staring on his nails.

Nagisa who was about to enter the dinning room, not far from the living room, stopped in sudden, "about what, Kiyomitsu-nii?"

Kiyomitsu stood bolt upright, "the reason behind the wrath of Ralph's death.." He said as he walked away to the second floor.