~part 9~

Naina's POV:

I found myself sleeping on his chest, his arms resting on the pillow.

I blinked gently at his innocent face whose mouth was dropping down.

Brushing my smooth locks behind my ear, I got up and suddenly felt a tight grip on my wrist.

"Don't go, Naina."

I smiled at Bunny. "I have to Bunny."

He got up and hugged me. "Come back soon."

I picked up my suitcases and headed towards my car with Bunny in the driver's seat. I was finally going to New York to check out my dream job.

Working in Harvard Laboratory as a clinical specialist was such a huge challenge. I was going to risk it.

I knew Bunny would be hurt by the month of separation, but maybe it was the only option I had.

As soon as we reached the airport, Bunny helped me out with my bags.

"Love you baby, take care of yourself. And come back soon."

I could sense a pool of tears forming in my eyes. I didn't want to cry today, not this time.

"Bunny, please take care. I don't want you going to work without any breakfast. And don't miss me too much." I couldn't help but let the tears linger down my cheeks.

He wiped them off and gave me a warm smile. "Now go and do what you always wanted Naina, take your chance."

His warm hands slid down my cheeks, exposing me to the cold winter air once more.

It had been a while since he had left my side. We would have always stayed together no matter what.

Nowadays he was busy with his regular shoots for films and actors have a busy life. He didn't even come home for dinner sometimes; he said he was busy with his job.

Maybe our careers led to different pathways in our life.