~part 11~

"Um, excuse me..." I said politely, trying to free myself of his strong arms.

He looked at me in severe shock, as if a rock had hit the left side of his face. "Naina...."

Oh my - he knows my name.

"I'm sorry but, who are you?"

He stood frozen like an ice statue, it's warm heart melting.

I saw the reflection of my confused eyes in the tears that had pricked in his.

He released his intertwined hand from mine and took a step back.

"Bun.....Kabir." He said.

Just as the doctor had said.

"How do we relate?" I asked him, a sense of worry and amateurishness sweeping up my stomach.

I could tell by his face that he wasn't telling me everything smoothly.

The doctor came back with a large file that said Naina Thapar.

"Excuse me, my name is Naina Talwar."

The crowd in the room looked at me worriedly and I tried to hear the small volume talk that happened between Kabir and the doctor.

"Naina, I'm to take you home." Kabir said sternly. "Here, there's your phone."

To my immense surprise the wallpaper was a selfie of me and him.

While we got into the car, I watched a disappointed and anxious face. Why was Kabir so tensed about me? I mean - we weren't even related.

I saw his hand slowly creeping up to my knees, but it hung around hesitantly and he dragged it back to the steering wheel.

"Sorry, I....."

"Kabir,"
"Yeah?" He looked at me.
"Nothing...."
"You were... saying something," he said in a deep voice.

I wondered what was up. A whole gun full of questions were compressed in my mind which I wanted to shoot at him but he looked as if he needed a break.

My life is messed up af rn - I can't remember a thing in the past year or so.

Hang on - wasn't I to go on a trek? The last thing I remember was a guy who helped me onto the.....