~part 21~

"Nainnaaaa..... where is my red spotty tie?" Bunny cried, running around the bedroom without any trousers on while buttoning up his shirt.

"Bunny you have so many red spotty ties, which one!?" I sighed back, digging through the clump of clothes in the wardrobe.

"Oh my g.... Naina, fine just give me the blue and gold one."

"Blue and g..... what the heck? I haven't seen it!"

"ITS 10 PAST ALREADY ARGHHHH, okay okay - you know what - let's just wing it without a tie kay?"

I smiled and wished him good luck.

He was going to make a deal with his new customer today and he needed to impress him.

"Love you baby, bye, I'll be back soon."

He banged the door, making me smile slightly and off I went towards my desk to start my work this time.

Piles. Piles and piles and piles of papers were just scattered around the desk.

Okay, 82 more papers to sign, I said after a few minutes.

It had been a few hours and the clock caught my eye.

Bunny said he would be coming home for lunch.

OH MY! I needed to prepare a good meal for him!

I set off on my "cutting the veggies" session - Aloo ki kheer- his favorite.

I wasn't an expert but I could attempt at least.

Oh and - no more parathas.

He told me at the trek that he hated parathas.

Wellllll..... turning on the gas without being scared was my first target. The only thing I can sort of make is maggi.

After an hour I wiped my forehead, leaving particles of flour on my cheek and sighed, suddenly the phone ring attracted my attention.

It was Bunny.

"Bunny! Errr... when you coming home? I.... err - um - take your time okay? After half an hour should be good, I mean - for you."

If he saw this mess he would kill me.

"Oh err, Naina - baby I'm not coming home for lunch today - I know I said I would but I'm really sorry, you see - it's the new customer." He said hesitantly.

"Oh. Okay... well - see you in the evening I guess." I was slightly disappointed but at least he wouldn't see my fail of a potato kheer.

He cut the phone, he didn't even say bye.

Maybe the new customer is really tough. I wandered around the house, bored.

My work was done, my lunch (maggi) was eaten and I somewhat felt like I had nothing better to do.

Yes! I know - I could call my friend home, Akshara.

065 803 8261.

"Hello?"
"Oh hey Akshara, this is Naina."
"Ohh hi,"
"I was wondering if you want to come home?"
"I would love to babes but I'm actually in a meeting at office with my client."
"Oh, okay, no worries."
"Sorry, bye!"
"Bye."

Great.

Somehow everyone seems to be busy with their clients and customers today.

I jumped into my car and just drove around, driving through the empty streets.

An ice cream vender caught my sight.

"Give me a vanilla please," I said, searching through my purse for some change.

Suddenly, I saw Bunny at a cafe in front of me. He was with someone.

I couldn't quite see who, but he was laughing and smiling.

"Bun.....!" No, maybe it's his customer. I decided to stay quiet and let the discussion go on.

I wondered who was with him?