Chapter 8 ***

Chapter 8:

Nicolette's P.O.V

Was this really real? Was Aria really buried underneath all that rubble? Was this boy digging among rocks really our friend? Was he truly someone we could trust? What about the other two? The girl, Ellen, was standing by my side, doing a check up on me.

"Are you okay? Is anything hurt?" I shook my head.

"Look I'm fine. But what about Aria? Is she really under there?!" Ellen frowned, not turning her head to the mess right next to us. She nodded though,

"Yes. Felix and her... they were doing something, but it made their magic stronger without realising, and they managed to hear you crying. Once they found you, there was the wall. Aria began crying. And she began banging on the wall. But I knew it was a bad idea, I know what she can do with her element, even if she can't physically manipulate it. I should have... I should have been closer, I should have stopped her from banging on the wall." Ellen began freaking out and my eyes widened... I don't know what to do.

"Ellen, you need to calm down... if anything, I should be the one freaking out!" I was beginning to get antsy, but I can't get Adam, he was helping the Felix boy, Sam and Luca all bury Aria out. How was there so much rubble?

"Sorry. You're right. You haven't been able to do spells in a while have you?" I froze, cocking my head,

"What do you... how did you know?" Ellen laughed and shrugged,

"Well, being locked away for eight months by an evil demon that wants your sister to be his bride..." Ellen was cut off by... everyone but Sam.

"HIS BRIDE!" Ellen frowned as her gaze landed on Felix, who looked the most hurt. A weird feeling was bubbling inside of me. Something was up.

"You need to hurry!" Adam's eyes widened along with Luca's and they both nodded, getting to work on moving the stone. Ellen looked confused,

"Why do we need to hurry all of a sudden?" I frowned.

"Can you not sense it?" Ellen stopped concentrating on me for a moment and her eyes widened.

"That's... the demon isn't it?" I nodded, she can sense it. But her senses aren't honed properly. She must be new to being a witch. A sudden scream broke the creeping silence and I turned my head to the noise to see Aria, covered in dust and small stones. It was true. Her eyes widened as she continued screaming and I watched as Felix climbed over rubble and began shoving away all the rocks covering her, and pulling her close to his body.

"Aria! Can you hear me?" He was shouting, but he was also whispering. What was he to her? What was she to him? What have I missed while the others and I have been locked away?

"Fel... ix." A smile graced the boy's face and he rotated Aria so that she was sitting up yet leaning against him.

"Are you okay?" She nodded slightly as her gaze rotated around, her eyes landing on all of us. She began moving to get up but Felix pulled her down.

"No, you don't have the strength to move just yet." Aria shook her head and I laughed lightly, walking over to her. As stubborn as ever. Adam and Luca did the same as me and walked over to Aria and Felix, sitting in front of them both. My hand reached out and I grabbed a hold of one of Aria's hands, holding the warm hand tightly, pressing it to my face. It's really her.

"Aria...?" She smiled at me when she suddenly leaned up and coughed, her spare hand covered her mouth and once she pulled it away, the shock was no surprise to all of us as blood and stones appeared in her hand. Now that I looked at her, she was bleeding everywhere.