Chapter 18 ***

Chapter 18:

Aria's P.O.V

This world was so beautiful, but I kept on hearing voices that ruined the silence and serenity of it all. That, and something kept on pulling me backwards, away from the river that I could see.

'What's the situation over here?' This was a new voice, but it sounded familiar. I frowned and stopped fighting against the things holding me for a moment.

'She hasn't come out of it. She doesn't even realise that her mind has been given a new image and that the rest of us are still here.' The new voice sighed and I frowned. Why do these voices sound so familiar?

"You should get to the river, Aria," I screamed and turned around, searching for the voice that I could fully hear as if the person was standing right next to me.

"Who are you?! Where am I?!" The person laughed and I whimpered, a familiar feeling washing over me. I felt alone... again. Wait, again? That means that there were people with me in the first place, but who... Nicki! Adam, Luca, Oscar, Ellen, Jake, Sam! Felix!

"Just go to the river, you know you want to," I growled and began running in the opposite direction of the river when something new grabbed a hold of me, the feeling of being alone instantly drifted away.

'Felix, do you think you can wake her up? She doesn't have her time, well not most of it.' Demarko... of course, he was with us. But how did he know I was missing most of my time, wasn't I missing all of it?

No! I gave some to Felix to allow him to wake up! But that meant that I wouldn't... oh, I get it now. I scoffed and searched for whatever was holding me. Once I found it, a gasp sounded from a distance and I squeezed the hand lightly.

"Felix..." The gasp sounded again and I smiled. "Felix, you have to know, I won't be waking up from here." Silence swept over the scene and I bit my lip,

"But why not? You know you can come back. I know you can." I laughed bitterly and held tightly onto Felix's hand, although I couldn't see it.

"Felix, I sacrificed myself so you could get back to the others. There was no way I was going to let you stay here. It's so lonely..." My voice choked as my eyes welled up and my knees buckled.

"Aria..." I bit my lip and let go of Felix, covering my ears tightly.

"Please don't do this," I muttered and he sighed,

"I can handle this, just let me come to you." I cried out, shoving the air in the general direction I knew Felix to be in. When I forced something backwards, I turned tail and ran as fast as I could, away from Felix, and away from the river that the demon was trying to lead me to.

I understood now. Why I had to go through everything to get to this point. It was because I needed Felix. I needed to meet him, and fall in love with him, then give myself up so that he could survive. Every part of my being simply existed to help complete Felix, and now that was almost done.

The demon needed both me and Felix, but I was useless now, I didn't have my time, which was exactly what the demon was after, but the demon can't get it from Felix, and that's why Felix was safe. The demon can't touch Felix without punishment.

Ellen's P.O.V

I watched Aria fight against Felix in the distance before running away, but I knew I couldn't chase after her, right now that was not my job. I bit my lip as my body shivered and cried out in an odd feeling that made me feel empty inside.

"Does anyone even know where we are?" I muttered, the thought repeating through my head like a broken record. Nicki shrugged and turned to Adam who copied her. I sighed and turned my gaze to Andy; or the demon, whoever he was nowadays.