Chapter 16 ***

Chapter 16:

Felix's P.O.V

We were at the final two rooms, and they were the rooms for me and Ellen. One of the rooms already had Aria inside, and honestly, I want to be in there with her. If Ellen is, I'm just going to get Demarko to swap it. He won't get a say in the matter since he can't harm any of us due to the deal he made with Aria.

Aria was as beautiful as ever. She was wearing a pastel yellow summer dress that danced around her knees as her dark hair stood out against it. everything about Aria was running through my head and dominating my thoughts. I couldn't even consider thinking about anything else.

"Felix!" I jumped as Ellen yelled in my ear and I turned my head to face the small girl.

"What?" Ellen sighed and pointed to Demarko, an annoyed look on her face.

"Sorry about that, Felix. Now, which room do you wish to reside in? Do you wish to have your own room, or do you wish to share with Aria?" My face flushed at the thought of sharing with Aria, but it was something I wanted to do desperately.

"Um, I'll share with Aria if that's okay?" Demarko nodded and gestured to the door we exited out of while guiding Ellen to the room across the hall.

"My room is around the corner and dinner will be in a few hours, I will send someone to fetch you all. Please, do as you wish until that time." We nodded and entered our rooms. As soon as Aria closed the doors, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Fucking hell that was weird!" Aria laughed at me and went and sat on the couch that was provided in the room.

"Don't worry, that was nothing. He gets worse." My eyes widened as I followed Aria's movements, sitting next to her on the couch as I spoke,

"Worse than that?!" Aria nodded and laughed, curling her legs up underneath her. She sighed, her smile fading slightly. "You okay?" Aria sighed again. I grabbed her hand and held it lightly.

"Felix. Do you know what we are?" I frowned, confused at the question. I shook my head and Aria sighed, standing up and walking to the window, which was looking out at the setting sun. "We... are two of the most powerful witches to ever be born. We just... haven't unlocked our full potential yet." I frowned, staring at Aria, hoping she would give me some real answer.

"What do you mean? How do you know that?" Aria sighed as she stared out the window, rubbing her hand up and down her arm as if removing a chill from her body.

"Felix, do you feel this weird... thing, whenever you see me? Like, no matter what happens, as long as that person is by my side, everything will be alright?" I frowned, but nodded, understanding what she was saying.

"But what does that to do with us being powerful witches? Aren't all witches powerful for even having powers?"

Aria's P.O.V

Aria, don't get angry. You can't forget, he is still new to magic. Just because you've been doing it for years, doesn't mean everyone else has. I breathed in deeply, hoping to calm myself and explain this all to Felix without driving myself insane, but from the looks of it, it wasn't happening.

"You don't understand, Felix. You never understand." Felix growled lightly,

"Then help me to understand so that I can help you!" I screamed slightly and turned around to face Felix, who had now risen from his seat.

"Don't you get it! You can't help me! we are connected via our souls, yet you can't do a single thing to help me!" Felix froze, his face paling.

"What do you mean? I don't know anything if you don't tell me!" I sighed as anger bubbled inside of me.