Chapter 13: A pig surprise

Chelbell2016:

Well first I am going to say. HAPPY NEW YEAR. to all my readers. It is just gone midnight. I cant sleep so I decided to start writing this chapter see how much I can do.

*Jessica Lee Scott: Stegosaurus power*

Jessica's POV:

We are going to the pet adoption day. I am hoping to get a dog as I would like something to take my mid off of Rey.

''Welcome to pet adoption day,'' the announcer says. ''Give a pet a happy home,'' The guy finishes.

''Come on guy. come here,'' Jason says picking up a black bunny rabbit. ''Here you go big guy,'' he says as he passes it to a little boy. We are helping out but I am also hoping to find one for myself.

I smile with Jason as the boy walks off with his new pet.

''You found a dog you want yet?'' He asks and I shake my head.

''No but there's time,'' I told him optimistically.

I look over to see Kim with a girl and a Chihuahua stroking it.

''He's so cute,'' Kim tells the boy. ''Now you promise to take good care of him?'' she asks the little girl. She nods. ''OK,'' she says handing over the lead and I smile.

Both Trini and billy give another dog away but I see one dog that is still there. It is a Staffordshire. I walk over and see that she is female.

''Hey girl,'' I say and I fuss her. I notice Jason watching me. ''What she's cute!'' I state he just smiles.

I walk over to Jason as he addresses billy and trini.

''If it keeps up like this,'' he says leaning over the table to talk to them. ''We'll find all the pets new owners today,'' he says happily and I feel smug.

''Yeah I sure hope all these adorable animals will land up in good homes,'' I say still watching the staffy pup.

''Affirmative,'' Billy says looking at me. ''Having a pet is a big responsibility,'' He says and I nod my head.

I look over and almost laugh my head off when I see a woman walking a pig. Billy sees it too.

''Perhaps I need to have my glasses examined,'' He said making the others look up. ''But uh if I'm not mistaken, there's...''

I finish for him as he struggles to find the right words. ''A lady walking a pig,'' I say trying not to laugh. ''I see it too,'' I say to let him know he's not going crazy.

The lady approached us. ''Excuse me,'' she spoke in a kind voice and I smiled politely. ''I was wondering if someone would be able to help me. I need to find a nice family to adopt Norman,'' She said motioning to her pig.

The pig snorts and Trini replies. ''Oh he's so cute,'' she says and I fight the urge to laugh.

Kim scoffs and the woman begins to sob. I give Kim a look and step forward to try and comfort the woman.

''Oh please,'' she begs. ''Wont somebody help me?'' She asks and I sigh.

''Of course we will mam,'' I tell her even as Kim looks hesitant. I'm not a fan of pigs but I don't like seeing anyone cry.

''We'll do everything we can to find Norman a good home,'' Jason promises and me and Trini nod our heads.

''Oh thank you,'' she says to us. She hands the leash to Kim. We all giggle as she walks away.