Raspberry Swirl

Frerard/Genderswap, Smut, 16,368 words
By: brooklinegirl

Gerard's sleeping patterns had completely reversed on tour, so he mostly slept from dawn until around three in the afternoon. So that meant that at four in the morning, he was awake on the couch in the lounge, sketching lizards in his notebook while he waited for the coffee to finish brewing, when he suddenly felt something really fucking weird happen.

It - wasn't something he could describe. Gerard sat there on the couch, blinking, trying to figure out what, exactly, had just happened. It felt kind of like an all-over, skin-crawling, someone-walked-over-your-grave sensation, but…more. Like. Weirder. More intense. Like it had happened inside and out and all over and just so fucking odd, he couldn't quite pin it down.

He took a deep breath and got up, trying to shake it off. He felt fine, now. He felt normal. Not sick, or drugged, or anything like that. He shrugged, peering around the dark lounge for a second, then finally just went to get more coffee. Coffee helped pretty much any situation.

When he walked across the lounge, though, he felt…funny. Like, really, really odd. Like. Off balance? Or like something was missing? Or like – hmm. He looked down at himself, blinking. Hang on. He tugged on his t-shirt, because, oh weird, oh weird. "Those are breasts," he said, staring down at himself. "I - wait. Those are - wait." And then he was tugging at his pajama pants, half-scared, half-intrigued.

He let the waist of his pants fall back into place with a snap. "Oh." He looked around the lounge again, like someone was going to step in and explain things. "I'm a girl," he said softly when nobody did. Then he went to wake up Mikey.

***

Mikey, his face pressed into the pillow, opened one eye when Gerard pulled his curtain back and looked in at him anxiously. "Mikey," Gerard said. "I'm - something weird happened." He crawled into Mikey's bunk.

"What?" Mikey yawned hugely, then froze in place, shifting a little on the bunk.

"…uh-oh," Gerard said, staring at Mikey in the dark. "Don’t freak out."

"You remember," Mikey said, blinking at Gerard, "How we talked about when you say 'don't freak out,' it pretty much guarantees that there's something to freak out about?"

"Yes." Gerard nodded, biting his lip. "But - okay, maybe it's okay for you to freak out."

Mikey looked down at himself, letting one hand run over his chest, and then further down under the covers. "Oh,weird," he breathed.

"I know, right?" Gerard said, leaning in, excited. "Mikey, how fucked up is this?"

"Oh," Mikey said, staring at Gerard's face. "It's both of us. It's you, too. You look - different." He paused. "Well, a little different."

Gerard grinned. "I know, I saw, I don't look that different in the face."

"You kind of looked like a girl before," Mikey said.

Gerard nodded a little, still staring. "Yeah, but you look like a girl now." He reached out, pressing one hand against Mikey's cheek. "It's so weird. It's still you, I mean, I know it's you, I can tell it's you, but you look…different." Mikey did; he looked like Mikey, still - it wasn't like Mikey was the butchest of guys - but the change made his whole face different. Softer, maybe, shaped differently? Gerard couldn't quite pinpoint it. His fingers twitched a little with wanting to draw him; he thought if he could put a pencil to paper, he'd be able to tell exactly what had shifted. But Mikey's eyes were the same, and that's why Gerard was able to breathe out softly with relief. So long as he could see Mikey in his eyes, he was good. They were okay.