Chapter 6: To Prove Yourself

I walked down the dirt and gravel path. Scanning the woods in front of me. Is this where they said to go?, I thought. I saw nothing for a few yards in front of me. Just trees and the same path traveling on and on never seeming to end. And yet my feet kept on going. Trailing along with the path. My feet dragging against the dirt. Moving it around. Kicking rocks as I went. The woods were very peaceful. However, a challenge was what I was about to face when I came to my destination. A small area. A few long logs sat around what seemed to be a extinguished fire place. Simon, Toby, Gertrude, and Y/N stood there talking. Then they noticed me, coming down the path towards them.

"Ah! It seems that the hero has arrived!" Simon said.

"See! I told you he wasn't chicken!" Toby said.

"Right right. Now onto to challenge!" Simon said. "Gertrude get the weapons ready!"

"Wait what?!" I exclaimed.

"Dibs on Excalibur!" Y/N called.

"Y/N you can't do that! I'm team leader so I get Excalibur!" Simon declared.

"Simon you always get Excalibur! And who said you were team leader?!" Y/N argued.

"Me! Now let's just get to the challenge," Simon said rubbing his hands together.

"I'm sorry but can someone explain what is happening here?" I asked.

"Come Cory! Are you gonna Larp like a man or chicken out like a coward!" Simon said.

"Larp? What's Larp?" I questioned.

"Larp! Live! Action! Roleplay! It's fun!" Y/N exclaimed.

"Ugh guys..," Gertrude mumbled.

"What?" Y/N asked.

"Well well. If it isn't the nerds of dork kingdom," Ched said. "What are you playing Dungeons and Dragons!"

"It's not Dungeons and Dragons," Simon mumbled.

"What did you say forehead?!" Ched yelled.

"N...Nothing! I...I...I said nothing!" Simon blurted.

"Come on dimwits! Schools over! Why don't you just gallop back to the idiot town you came from and leave us the heck alone!" Y/N said.

"Oh Yeah Valentine?!" Ched questioned.

I backed up a little. My heart pumped wildly. It felt as if it were going to jump out of my chest at any moment. I was scared for my life.

__________________

Hey guys! SHUB here! Ha ha! Cliffhanger! It's funny cus I know what's happening next! You guys on the other hand, not so much. Ha! So guys I hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to bash that like button! And to comment down below which one of the characters would you want to Larp with? Cory? Simon? Tank? Gertrude? Or Mikey? Lol. Anyway with that said I will see you all in the next chapter! BU-BOOIII!!

Queen Squishy has arrived! And now Knight Simon! Fear my sword! For I have the ancient demon sword!

Simon: Well beat Excalibur then! Hi yah! *clashes sword with Shelby*

Try and beat me. If you dare! HA HA!!