Chapter 13: That Little Thing About Her

It's been a few days since we last saw Gertrude, Simon has done nothing with our club. These last days have been lonely without them. The treehouse was quieter, our meetings were smaller, and our hang outs were drawing to an end. I walked down the hall, tugging at my book bag straps. They hugged my shoulders tight, as if trying to cure my sadness, yet it didn't work. My face felt warm, hard and more robotic like than usual.

  It tightened, and I felt as if I would cry. The burning sensation in my eyes, and the pain in my chest. I shook my head, and headed out the door of the school. Others laughed, and joked with one another before heading onto the buses that left for home. "Hey Cory!" A voice called. I stopped, my body tensed, standing in shock. I turned around finding a tall, lanky boy. He wore his usual suspenders with a white button up shirt, and thick black glasses. Topping his whole look off with a dorky blue bow tie, and a huge wall of brown hair.

He gave me a small smile, then began rubbing the back of his neck embarrassingly. "Hey listen, I'm sorry for not hanging out with the group lately. I just thought you guys didn't want me around anymore since I upset Gertrude, I still don't understand why though," he explained. I rolled my eyes, he still doesn't get it does he? I heaved a sigh, then patted him on the back. "We still want you in the group Simon, but we also want Gertrude, and your the only one who can cure her."

Simon's face lit up a bit, then he smiled. "Thanks Carl. I just don't know what I did wrong..." I sighed again, as I began slowly walking off. "Why don't you figure it out yourself," I said. I could feel his eyes still on me, even as I didn't look at him. I couldn't help but feel bad for the guy, he's so dense he can't even figure out what he did wrong. However, I would still like it for him to find out for himself instead of me or the others just bluntly telling him. It's best that either Gertrude or himself finds out what his problem is.

  My thoughts were interrupted by yet another person calling my name. I continued walking, hearing the stomping feet of someone chasing after me down the sidewalk. The person finally appeared at my side, heaving large uncontrollable breathes. I glanced over, finding Y/N slowly walking next to me. She stopped heaving, my eyes immediately drawn to her astonishing ones. Y/N gave me a bright cute smile, the one she always had shown, then she gave me a small wave. "Hey," I said smiling.

  "Why didn't you wait for me?" She asked, looking at me. I shrugged, "I knew you would catch up anyway." The idea was to play it cool, act like a good friend when I was around her. I never wanted to show her that I liked her, only dropping little hints where I could. She wrapped her arm around my shoulders, leaning on me, and almost causing me to fall over into a bush. I controlled my balanced as she leaned on my shoulder with her arm. "So video games?" She asked.

  I nodded quickly, "You house right?" She nodded, looking forward at the lined houses in front of us. The town I had learned was small, the school purposely built close to a few crowded neighborhoods. They were mostly quiet, once in a while the cold a sacks would be filled with kids from all over the neighborhood, playing street hockey or basketball. I had seen these games, but never intended to join in them. I wouldn't want to be caught in a bullying situation, where I'm the one being bullied. As usual.

  I turned my glance towards Y/N, her gaze far off, and distant. It was one of those things I liked about her. That look she gave, always made me think she was in a different world. Living a completely different life, than she is right now. But, I was no mind reader so I could never really tell what she was thinking of. She caught my look, and turned her attention to me, as I quickly snapped my eyes forward again.

  My face got red, the warmth becoming hotter, stinging my cheeks. I heard her give a slight chuckle, while she played with my hair. It felt nice, but it seemed my face was beginning to flush of color. I was nervous, scratch that, I was embarrassed. My face was heating up like a fire, sizzling with red flames that burned my face. I was so embarrassed, since I knew I looked like a complete idiot at the moment. However, she didn't seem to notice. Her gaze was still fixed on the sight in front of us, showing her distance away from this world.

  I couldn't help, but begin to grow a crush on her even more. For every time I saw that look, it made me love her little by little. The little thing about her, is the thing that turned my whole heart to mush.

_________________

  Guess who's back! I'm so back! Im gonna give you guys double chapters today! So hope ya like them! Don't forget to bash that like button, and to comment down below if you thought this chapter was adorable? I know I did!

  However, with that said guys, I'm afraid to say that I'll see you all! In the next chapter! See ya!