Chapter 17 {Christmas Special Pt. 2} He Knows

Cory nervously fiddled with his ugly sweater sleeve. Why didn't she come? She said she was. Two hours late. Maybe something came up? Cory turned to his phone, seeing the ten unread messages he had texted to his girlfriend. Where was she? He decided to call her again.
"Hey this is Y/N Williams," the voicemail stated, "I'm probably busy right now so sorry for not getting your call! If this is Cory then I love you!"
Cory smiled to himself, hearing the sweet words from her voice. It's all he wanted to hear right now. The voicemail started with a beep, leaving her voice to not be in his ears anymore.
"Hey Y/N," he started, "Uh..it's been two hours since the party started..not to be rude for all these texts and calls..I just wanted to know if you're alright. Please answer back when you can."
The voicemail ended, and Cory felt his heart break slightly. Where was she? The only question that flooded his mind. She never left her phone at home, nor did she ever not answer him.
A hand was placed on his shoulder, as Cory tensed and turned around. There was Toby. His chubby smile staring at him with warmth.
"I think she's just stuck in traffic or forgot your present at home," Toby suggested, trying to reassure his best friend.
"Yeah, I think you're right," Cory said with a sigh. He didn't want to admit that his anxiety just couldn't stop building up.
"She'll be here soon," Toby spoke gently, as he hugged his friend. "I know it."
Cory hugged back, biting his lip to hold back the tears. He was scared. He had to admit. He felt like he was going to break down at any second, or run out of the house like a mad man. What would he do then? Go looking for her? Probably. He couldn't shake the feeling of losing his girlfriend completely.
  Toby led him back to the party, attempting to lift his spirits. Cory couldn't help but catch a glance of a wrapped present under the tree. It gleamed with red and gold wrapping. A tag with cursive lettering saying: To Y/N - From The One And Only.
  What was in that box was most important. He wanted to give it to her. Right then. Right now. If only she was actually there.
  Suddenly, Cory's phone rang in his pocket vigorously. He looked to Toby who nodded, and Cory ran outside. He immediately answered.
  "Hello?!" He called into the phone.
  "C-Cory...," a raspy voice coughed.
  "Y/N?! Where are you?!"
  "Forty," she coughed again, "five...w-woods...tree...car..."
  She couldn't stop coughing.
  "Send me your location! I'll come find you," Cory stated.
  "O-Okay..," she coughed before hanging up.
  Cory soon after got a text of an address. He looked at the phone curiously, pin pointing the location.
  "She's on a highway road..in a ditch."