Chapter 19: Not So Friendly Storm Clouds

All was dark in the vision of the one with no real face. The one that was different. The one...that was a freak. A freak with a pumping heart that some even considered to be mechanical. How though? It wasn't like the boy was some cyborg or alien of any kind. To other teens, he was. Don't question why, it just was. Now you may have heard something like this before, maybe in the beginning. Maybe you haven't. Maybe you, the reader, have even thought this to yourself once or twice before. It scared you, didn't it? Well...it surely terrified him too. startled the boy into a puddle of fear and regret of who he has become. The accident, was just an accident. Was it? Or was it a mistake no one was supposed to fix.
Sweat dripped from his forehead like a human. Although, not one bit of his body felt at all human like to him in any way. He was a monster. He was a creature everyone glanced then quickly looked the other way they had to. Not her. Not the one girl he truly loved. Of course this sounds like a cheesy one-shot fanfic, but it's true. Why would the one writing this lie? Why would the wall break between worlds? The reason; because I need to tell you the truth.
"Can I tell you something," Cory trailed off in a slight whisper. He shuffled awkwardly with his sneakers scuffing the already smudged white tiles of the hallway. "Something important that I've never really told anyone in my life."
Their was an awkward silence between the two. This was something new. The silence they always shared was never thick with an uneasy feeling. A feeling one got when they were nervous, when they were unsure and cautious. (Y/N) forced a smile as they closed their locker a little too forcefully.
"Sure Core," They replied attaching the nickname they usually used at the end just so the situation wasn't so awkward.
"I-."
"Hey Cory!" A cheerful greeting rang out in the hall, making Cory tense up in response.
Both figures glanced down the hall to see a way too happy Toby heading toward them. He waved energetically at them with his outstretched ever-so-slightly chubby fingers. The light brown headed boy began to sweat more, a panic attack rising up in his chest with quick breaths exiting his mouth.
"I-I gotta go!" Cory quickly spluttered with exasperation as he gripped his backpack and raced to the door.
"Cory! Wait!" A desperate call rang after his fleeing body that burst through the front doors of the school.
The boy was in mid-panic state right now. He couldn't stop his heavy breathing. Rearing around the corner of a wall, the male dashed to the floor behind it in attempt to hide away from any passerby. Darkness clouded his head like a storm cloud that wouldn't leave for a while. This was normal for the teen, it happened at random times though. He couldn't really stop them; he could only let them pass through. Tears streamed down his cheeks as memories flew through his head on a speeding train that was his thoughts.
  Who could help him now?
_____________________________________

  Yeah you guys smell that? That's angst in the air. Comment down below what you think Cory will tell you, reader.