Chapter 7: Runaway To The Kingdom

"C..Come on Chedmir! W...We made a d..deal. You guys get the c..cool spot and w..we can get the lame spot down by the r..river," Simon stuttered more than usual. Something was up, and it made me feel uneasy.

"Ched Damson gets whatever he wants! Get that nerds?!" Ched exclaimed.

"Yeah we know Ched," Cory said.

"Cory, don't," I warned.

"Oh it looks like these dorks want a beaten, huh boss?" Tony asked. Ched mashed his hands together. One a fist the other an open palm. It chilled me to the bone.

"Your right, Tony. Let's give them what they deserve," Ched grinned evilly. "Get them!"

"RUN!!" Gertrude exclaimed. We all ran like the wind. Not wanting to die. Not today that is.

"Follow me guys! I know a way to eat away from them!" Simon yells as he runs faster.

Farther and farther we run. I know the way like the back of my hand, yet it is dangerous. However, we've never actually had to take this route. We had almost lost them but then we stopped.

"Why did we stop?!" I asked. I turned around to see Toby stopped. He breathed heavily. "Tank?"

"Guys. I can't go any farther! My legs can't take it!" Toby exclaimed.

"Come on Tank! We have to keep going!" Gertrude blurted.

"Come on King Hamburg! The kingdom needs you," Cory said.

"Y...Your right!" Toby said. We started running again. They had started gaining on us.

My heart pounded and pounded. Keep running, it said. Stop now, my brain said. But I kept going. Then we stopped. We had arrived. The gates were wide open but, hard to cross. Crocodiles laid below under the barrier to the kingdom. Just over the bridge and we would be there. In our safe house our kingdom.

"We need to cross the bridge!" Simon exclaimed.

"But there's leeches in the water!" Gertrude warned.

"Well then you better be good at jumping!" Simon ran forward and jumped over the gap.

Next Gertrude ran and jumped, stumbling a little when she landed. Toby hesitated going ahead.

"Come on Tank! You can do it!" Gertrude encouraged from the other side.

"Toby. Come on. Do it for the kingdom," I said.

"Ok! I can do this!" Toby said. He then breathed in deep, puffing out his chest. He ran and jumped over.

"Ok! Here I go!" Cory said. He sprinted and leaped over the gaping gap in the bridge, and he made it safely.

I breathed in heavily. I was nervous and I knew it. I glanced behind me and Ched, Tony, and Mikey were coming close. It was now or never.

"Come on Y/N! Just do it!" Simon yelled.

I closed my eyes, and quickly sprinted, jumping over. It felt like forever. Then I was falling. I opened my eyes and quickly grabbed the side of the bridge. My legs kicked and struggled as I tried to pull myself up. I knew I was about to die. Then my hands slipped. I closed my eyes again, but then I wasn't falling. I opened my eyes and looked up.

"Pull harder!" Gertrude exclaimed.

Cory held my arm and hands tight, with Simon, Tank, and Gertrude behind him trying to pull me up. They quickly pulled me up as my legs struggled and kicked more pulling myself onto the bridge. I turned around and saw Ched, Tony, and Mikey standing on the other side.

"You'll regret this nerds!" Ched yelled.

I made a 'come and get us' face as I stuck out my tongue and put my thumb on my nose with my palm spread out. Then I turned back around and followed everyone else. We had arrived in the kingdom, and now we were safe. Safe from the dragon. Well for now.

_____________________

Hey guys! Shelby here! So I hope you liked this chapter! Don't forget to bash that like button and to comment down below who would you NOT save if they were dangling from the bridge and were almost gonna fall into a river of leeches? Me it would be nobody. I would save them all. Yes, even Ched. Anyway guys with that said I will see you all! In the next chapter! BU-BOOIII!!!