PART 3

Author's Note: So, back to it... I guess. 😏 (Sorry I had to 😃 )

___

It was light again and Negan was still on his little trip with Rick. And even though he left his sweetheart behind, nobody was fighting anymore. There was nobody who would try and harm anything he laid his eyes on. His new favorite thing.

Rick's group withdrew into themselves and sitting on the ground they hardly moved at all.

The girl, Sally, who hardly helped their situation at all last night, laid herself on the ground facing the group and resting on her side became level with the fallen ones. However tired, she never closed her eyes. Her attention was roaming around for a while but nobody dared to look back at her not even Negan's men. So she was just staring first at Daryl then at Glenn, but the image became blurry anyway. Daryl felt her glances at times but he never looked up until the moment they heard the RV coming back. Their eyes met for the slightest second even though he never intended to let her bewitch him again.

Sally sit up so quickly her head was spinning. Hunger and thirst got to her, so she greeted Negan sitting in the dirt like an loyal servant.

Negan launched Rick out of the RV, dragging him by his collar, throwing him on the ground in front of the group. "Here we are," Negan said, checking Sally, if she was still there, while Rick was slowly getting himself of the ground.

"Let me ask you something Rick," Negan said but headed to Sally who only met his eyes but remained seated on the ground. "Do you know what that trip was about?" He was crouching next to Sally, making sure her silence and her calmness were only signs of her exhaustion, but she was, over all, alright. She gave him an reassuring look and slightly nodded her head. Negan then realizing he got no feedback from Rick stood up and did his whole speak-when-you're-spoken-to and the-way-Rick-looks-at-me routine and after nearly letting Rick cut off Carl's arm, they all finally got to the point where Negan needed them all to be right from the start.

"Now, I hope, for all your sake that you get it now... that you understand how things work. Things have changed," he looked back at Sally again and then right away, like she and the group were related, he swung back and managed to take one last precious thing from Rick's group that day, Daryl.

"Dwight, load him up," he called and with few little next explanations and comments he called it quits.

"I'm gonna leave you a truck, keep it," he announced generously and then, still talking to them, made his way to Sally, reached out to her and helped her on her feet.

He never let go of her hand since then, not until he put her into one of his trucks but even before then Sally managed to notice reluctant look on Rosita's face and then just before Negan saw her get in the truck, she reached into her hair, took two flowers out, and throwing them into the air watched them one by one fall onto the bloody ground.

___

Author's Note: This part is short-ish, still, I would like to dedicate it to MicaelinMarie who shared some exciting news with us last week (congrats again) 🎀 and is providing us with some essential Negan reading material.📚 Even though I'm new here, you made me feel like I belong and I'm thankful for that. Keep those stories coming!🙂