PART 33

Negan couldn't stop gazing into Sally's eyes. They were still illuminating from the afterglow. She hadn't come down from their high just yet and he wasn't ashamed to admit, it was all her who took them all the way there.

Flashes of her figure floating over him kept flickering behind his eyelids. Her skin felt like she caught his fever, his scrub almost skinned her alive, but he had no regrets. His shaken heart was trying to find its place inside his chest. Her affection was a crime of passion. The thrill was addictive.

"Holy hell, Sally," the remains of the thunder were rumbling inside him. "I wish you would cry my name like that all the time."

"Say mine gasping for air like that and you've got yourself a deal." Her throat was tight, he devoured her every last breath.

"Sally, is everything all right?" Xavier disturbed their blackout knocking on the door. "The meeting is in ten minutes. Can I come in?"

"No, I'm fine," Sally got up in hurry, putting her clothes on quickly. "I'm on my way."

"Invite him in, why don't you?" Negan teased watching her from the bed.

"I don't kiss and tell."

"Kiss, huh?" He reminded how much more than a kiss was there to tell.

Sally smirked.

"What's this meeting?" Negan asked.

"Don't worry about it. I got it." She run her hands through her hair. She couldn't find it in her to disclose the meeting was about him and it wasn't the first one. He didn't need to worry about that. This was her mess and she believed she had it under control.

"Hurry back," he said. "We need to do that again."

"And again." She pecked his lips. "Rest."

Xavier was waiting for Sally on the porch and as she opened the door, she revealed naked Negan only somewhat covered with a blanket. He smiled wildly at Xavier and gave him a slight wave as if Xavier was his wingman.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." Xavier blurted out as Sally slammed the door shut.

"It's okay. We were... done." It was better not to smear that picture all over Xavier's hopes and dreams. They got moving to the main treehouse. "Is everybody here this time?"

"Yes, we've got them all," Xavier nodded walking one step behind Sally. We're waiting just for you."

"What is this all about anyway? He can't even stand on his own two feet."

"You brought him here, Sally, his people are probably looking for him. We've got families here, kids... they're worried about their safety."

"Madness," she muttered to herself, but Xavier picked up on it and laughed to himself at what Sally classified as irrational behavior.

Once they exchanged the tottering rope bridge under their feet for the balanced wooden floor of the main treehouse, they walked in silence, until Sally opened the door to the boardroom.

"Welcome, Sally," Xavier's dad greeted her. Without saying anything back politely, she took a seat next to Dottie who immediately patted Sally's hand. This congregation was not going to go easy on her and Negan for that matter.

"Well, everybody, you know why we're here," Xavier's dad spoke up as soon as his son took place next to him at the head of the table. "Some of you were out in the field last time we held a meeting so it's your turn to voice your concerns now."

Those words put the room into commotion. And Sally was just sitting in the middle of the accusations against the man she made love to just moments ago. The worst part was the hurtful words were coming from the people she cared about, people she lived with, her community.