PART 23

Sally's near-iron experience and her outburst of emotion that followed was everything Negan needed. There was not a single doubt in his body about Sally's intentions and therefore there was no reason to keep her under constant control. At this point Negan trusted her to return from wherever she strayed to. She kept coming back to him, because she wanted to.

The Hilltop visit he managed for her was just the first proof of his good will and as it turned out when she came back, it was worth it. She was glowing. His queen. Loosing the strings and letting her go further actually meant they got stronger. And they wouldn't let them go.

It was late, Negan was already in bed, but he would be much more content if Sally was cuddling next to him. His mind wondered to the moment she was leaving for her night rounds. She practically tucked him in and he pulled her closer for a proper goodnight kiss. Her response was just as affectionate as he imagined and he felt warmth spill inside his chest. He let her go then so she would join him sooner.

Up on the roof, Sally was looking over Negan's kingdom. The industrial building became her safe haven. Daryl or Sherry may not saw it the same way she did, but that was their business. Sense of home was not in a place but in the people and she understood Daryl's want to stay close with Rick's group. She used to be part of them, but then the connection was damaged and she had to leave because the hurt was too much to bear.

As long as they were there and she elsewhere everything was right. No exceptions. If they stayed at their position, everything would be alright but it was not Rick's style. He had to secure his group further and the collision was just around the corner.

Sally kept pacing the ledge of the roof ever so slowly, watching the surroundings for any sign of the living. They were the only threat to the joy she stumbled upon in the middle of the apocalyptic world. Her vision clouded when she thought of him, the effect he had on her...

She kept her head in the clouds, slight smile playing with her lips. So far she did not recognize any living visitors to the compound but the dead were particularly noisy that night. They kept bumping into the fencing in an attempt to get further to the light of the building. She turned the corner to see if the night patrol was anywhere near to take care of that but they were nowhere in sight yet.

She was leaning over the edge to see how many walkers they had on their hands even though they were okay as long as they stayed on the right side of the barricade. Only this time, the Saviors were one step behind. Sally couldn't believe her eyes. Somebody was already on the wrong side of the fence.

"No way," Sally said to herself as she watched the intruder shooting one of the Saviors down and gaining their way inside. She turned around running inside and down, almost falling down the stairs, cursing under her breath she did not carry one of those walkie-talkies around as every other sane person did. What was her plan exactly she had no idea, but she knew she was meeting the uninvited guest face to face. Nobody's getting through to Negan. Not even over her dead body.

Skipping the stairs she hardly touched the ground and taking every shortcut she knew she soon reached the first stop on her way.

"Negan!" She opened the door into their bedroom, actually yelling his name yanking him from sleep.

"Sally?" He was too confused to realize right away what was going on but Sally needed him right where he was anyway.

"Good," she turned around on the threshold, "just stay there!"

"Sally, what's going on?" He got up from the bed immediately going after her, only to find out that she locked him inside. He tried again and again.

"Sally!" He pounded on the door but she was already on her way to meet the shooter. "You must be kidding me!"

There was no time to be sensitive about Negan's being-a-leader complex. Sally needed him out of this, she took care of that and it was time to meet the intruder halfway, because that was the furthest she was letting them go.

She could tell how far they got by the noise and she was getting close. The panic was obvious, the Saviors already knew. She slowed down, listening to any footsteps coming her way. Her steps were untraceable, but she could hear anything coming her way.

"Put your guns down!" She heard a woman shouting from down the corridor. She hurried there, discovering the Saviors already standing in the way of the bullets but they had no idea just how furious she was. She could melt the bullet coming her way.

"How dare you?!" Sally launched forward yelling like crazy, the Saviors had to hold her back like she didn't see the gun aimed at her.

"Don't move!" The woman holding the gun shouted. "Where is he?"

"You must be crazy thinking we'll point you in his direction. You're not getting an inch further."

"Move out of the way!" The woman kept her voice firm.

"Or what? Shoot me and I promise you, Negan will be with your group shortly. And oh boy..."

And that was about everything Sally remembered clearly. The tunnel vision that came next was full of rage, she only felt the hands and arms holding her back. She did not care about the gun, she did not care about her life, all she saw was red and she tried her hardest to get to the bulls eye.

Saviors surrounded the woman that violated their security and she had no other option than to give up to them. They tied her hands behind her back and took her to the cell just missing Negan.

He came to Sally, took her by her shoulders and made her look at him. She was not in her right mind and he had to bring her back to her senses. She just kept screaming and attacking everything that came in her way.

"Sally!" Negan shouted her name and she finally fixed her eyes at him. "There you are, come on, look at me. Here I am."

"Negan?!" She blinked a few times, focusing on him and he then pulled her into his arms.

"How did you get here?" She asked him when they let go.

"I broke the door," he said like he did that every day.

"You broke the..." She repeated his words, hoping she'd believe them sooner.

"Yes, I did. Now, calm down, it's okay. What was this all about?"

"There was an intruder, sir. She's now at the cell and we're securing the perimeter and setting tighter watch tonight."

"Alright, we're taking care of this tomorrow, then." He dismissed his people.

"Let's get you to bed, shall we?" He said to Sally.

"Yes, please," she said knowing she was hardly ever falling asleep again. This was only a reminder that someone had to watch over Negan.

The bloodshed was near.

___

Author's Note:

4K reads, over 300 votes... What are the numbers trying to say?! Thank you so much for being here you have no idea how delighted I am when I see you are taking your time to vote for this story and when you leave me your beautiful words all over the chapter.

Hope you are enjoying this journey we are on as much as I am.

The end of season 7 is near, is there any more Sally and Negan beyond that point? Be here to find out.

Love,

🌩