EPILOGUE

Daryl couldn't help himself but keep his eyes on the falling Sanctuary. The last moments of its infamy. He had to engrave that sight into his memory. He looked long enough to endanger himself, getting overrun with walkers he himself brought along. As he turned to leave the shithole behind, just in the corner of his eye, he would swear he saw someone falling down from the rooftop.

☁︎

"Strangers incoming!" The Alexandria watch sent out a warning.

A man and a woman were approaching Alexandria gates. They were not in a rush, giving the Alexandrians enough time to adjust.

Daryl who was just walking nearby jumped up on the watch deck and took the binoculars.

"Who is it?" He put the question out there even though he was just about to see himself.

"The guy... he's covering himself with something. What is it? Does it seem like a ..."

Daryl checked out  to himself for minute. He focused on the item in the guy's hands. It was a white flag. A peace offering. Or major provocation.

"Daryl, is that your vest?"

The watch waited for the couple to come close enough and ordered them to freeze.

"We mean no harm." The man spoke on behalf of both of them. Their hands raised in the air. The vest trembling in his grip.

"Where did you get this?" Daryl yanked the winged leather from the stranger's hand.

"Sally told me to make it."

"How do you know her?" Daryl barked at him.

"She's my sister. This is our mom. She made me promise to come here... to join your group."

"Only you two?"

"There's a bunch of us. And then a whole community living in the trees."

"She thought of everyone," Daryl muttered to himself.

"What do you mean? Is she here?"Jonathan tried to peek behind Alexandria gates.

Daryl simply shook his head no.

He couldn't just let it go that day when The Sanctuary fell and had to drive by to investigate what he caught only by a glimpse of an eye.

Negan fell that day, he just needed a little push.

The crown landed back on the good guys' head.

For Sally it always mattered when... The timing of her death was crucial.

She only wanted one thing she would give her life for. For her family to be safe and sound together.

☁︎

THE END

☁︎