PART 16

Sally stayed outside for a little longer than she intended. There was no need for her to supervise anybody, the place was working without her just fine, but she saw the guys and gals were biting their tongue over something and she knew exactly what it was.

They were eager for some gossip. So she told them all about the tease Simon framed up for the Hilltop and when she described the impenetrable car playing loud music, they were laughing their hats off on that "classic Simon".

"Alright, I gotta go wash the stink off myself. Joey, you didn't do much while we were here," she waved her hand around. "Get somebody to bring me fresh set of clothes and towels to the showers. I'm behind on my laundry and... get Lucille over there back to Negan before she gets lonely." She pointed her head to the Lucille just resting nearby the truck. Joey nodded and Sally left him to his job.

Sally was taking her time with her shower because it took somebody forever to get her the items she asked for. As she was washing the foam away from her hair there was a little shuffling nearby.

"Well that took you ages, this is not a fashion show. I just need something to cover myself up," she said with her eyes closed so the water wouldn't get into them.

No answer came. She listened for a while with the water off but there was nothing. Whoever it was, was gone.

She stepped out of the stall and froze in her track. She immediately understood all that secrecy going around. There, next to her towels, was hanging a dress prepared for her. A little black dress. A Negan's-wife-like little black dress.

She couldn't believe someone would be so shameless. The nerve!

She wrapped herself in the towel and the raging in her head continued. She had to come up with a revenge for whoever did this. Whoever dared to think she was not able to take care of herself other than in a little black dress and even better off, without it.

She grabbed the dress from the rack in fury nearly ripping it but like she cared. All she intended to do with it was shred it and burn it! But as she clenched the soft fabric in her hands, she got a better idea for a comeback.

Two minutes later she was leaving the showers wearing that little black dress.

___

"Do you know where Joey is?" Sally asked Arat as she was passing her on her way to the kitchen.

"Saw him running around with Lucille, guess he went to return her to Negan," Arat answered.

"Okay, if you meet him, tell him to find me in the kitchen?"

"Oh, I don't think you want to eat now," Arat frowned.

"What? Why wouldn't I? I'm starving!"

"You don't want your stomach full, trust me, it's..."

"What is happening?"

"Negan caught one of his wives with a guy... He broke the rules. Negan's punishing him. You can come right with me it's about to start." Arat overstepped her boundaries. Being nice never killed anybody.

"I'll be there in a minute," Sally smiled at her, picking up the trick. "Save me a spot."

___

The sound of Lucille meeting the iron railing was the only thing worse than hearing her meeting somebody's skull. Her cry for attention meant the worst was yet to come. Meeting Lucille meant the end of worries. But as it was with Negan, there's always worse. Putting Lucille away meant there was no full stop after the torment, only three dots meaning more suffering.