+ chapter one + ✔️

Beep

Beep

Beep...

I open my eyes slowly and hear sounds everywhere, but somehow, I can't seem to be able to figure out what's happening.

I see nothing

A wave of blurriness and of confusion comes right at me, I hate not knowing what's going on. I hate not knowing what has happened to me. I don't know even know where am I.

I try to open my eyes, then close them, then open them again but nothing, still black. It's completely dark and I can't even make out any light or anything.

I hear someone enter the room and I suddenly realize I'm laying on a bed. I'm guessing a hospital bed, but my only question is

why?

"Good evening Dan, my name is Dr. John and I'm going to be your doctor from now on, how are you feeling?" Dr. John asked while standing in front of me, I could hear him speaking really close to me, but it's starting to freak me out the fact that I can't see anything at all.

"Hi, I'm doing good I guess, wha- what happened to me? Why can't I see anything? Am I doing fine? Where are my parents? What's going on?"

I had so much questions that needed to be answered immediately. I'm bewildered by my current state, and not having my sight is taking a toll on my mind.

I'm so lost in my thoughts that I can barely hear Dr. John stop talking and clear his throat, but proceeds to not say anything.

I wait

and wait

And wait for him to say something

A few minutes pass and I was starting to grow frustrated when suddenly he replied and asked,

"You don't know?"

"Know what?" I replied back, I'm really starting to grow nervous now, my palms are sweaty and I can feel the droplets starting to form on my forehead

"You were in an accident and both of your parents are, a-a-re-e..."

He stuttered

Are what?!

"Dead.."

Suddenly I wasn't feeling so good anymore, I couldn't think of what just happened, we were fine last night and now they're dead

I couldn't stop crying, even when I was completely aware I couldn't see anything I just didn't care, I wish this was all a dream. No, a nightmare, one that I could wake up from and never live again. This can't be happening, it can't be real.

"One more thing"

"Yes?" I sob and listen attentively

             "You're blind"

                           ••••••••

Woohoo, hey guys, this is my first ever story that I've written on this platform, and I mean FIRST, so I really hope you enjoy it despite having some grammar mistakes considering the fact that English is not my first language and I was really really young when I wrote this hehe.

However, despite that, don't fret, I'm going on the mission to update this book. Just a heads up, it won't be everyday, it will be whenever I have free time because I'm really busy right now with university. So, just to let you know, whenever a chapter has a "✔️" it means that it has been edited.

Nevertheless, I wish you all enjoy this story that I came up with. I always appreciate feedback, but remember guys, always be positive, in my account I always strive for peace. So let's sprinkle it everywhere's we can :)

Comments and votes are always appreciated too, and, well yeah, without further a do, you may continue on this journey with me.

        See you later,

       Thanks for reading The Boy
                   Who Can't See

   Enjoy!

                                 - Mónica

                          ••••••••