»part 6 » the killing bat part ii

YOU AND I
part 6 » "it's not breaking and entering if they leave the door unlocked..."

     The beauty with the bat swung it high in the sky with ease in his step and perfection in his eyes

     Every step he took was with grace. Every breathe he took was with ease. Every word that came from his mouth was poetry.

     He was a masterpiece.

     He was art.

     Oh, god. I sound fucking crazy.

     What is it about sex that makes someone so...infatuated with the other? I thought one night stands were supposed to be easy and quick? Was there a course on one night stands? Did I do it wrong? Was this even a one night stand?

     He was clearly avoiding the subject like last week's news. Maybe he didn't care. Maybe he did. We wouldn't know unless we talked about it.

     But this was weird wasn't it? We've known each other since we were kids. We hated each other. He hated me. So why did we do it? Fucking alcohol. Another reason why I hate the existence of the evil liquid. But I couldn't stop thinking about it. Every touch. Every kiss. Every moan. It was etched in my mind like a tattoo.

     "What are you gonna do to him when we get there?" My voice was tainted with worry as I thought about all the fights Lip has been in. His face was already bashed in and I didn't know if I could watch it happen again. Especially over me...yet again.

     Lip swung the bat back and forth as we walked along the sidewalk leading towards the north side, "Ask him a few questions."

     My eyebrows rose, "Ask him? With the killing bat?" I pointed towards the deadly weapon that caused so much damage from the hands of a Gallagher.

     "In case he needs a little persuasion." A sinister grin formed on his damaged face.

     I continued to kick rocks as we grew closer to Daren's place, "Why are you even helping me?"

     Lip shrugged as he put a cigarette between his lips, "You need help."

     "I don't need help from anyone." I felt my defenses fly up at his simply reply. I didn't need help from anyone. I've never needed help.

     A striking laugh erupted from his mouth, "That's where you're wrong, Cash."

    Anger rose, "I'm not wrong. I've been making it on my own just fine."

     Smoke emerged from around his cigarette, "Can you stop with the tough guy act for one second and just let me help you."

     'It's not an act." I felt myself wanting to punch him in his beautiful face the more we talked about my stability.