»part 12 » broken anomalies

She was smiling at me.

Her mouth was shut but her lips were spread into a subtle smile.

She wasn't laughing. She wasn't screaming. She wasn't crying.

She was just....smiling.

She sat with her boney legs crossed, her stringy hair behind her shoulders, and her palms were sitting on her thighs.

She looked...calm?

She wasn't scratching. She wasn't pounding. She wasn't foaming.

She was just fucking smiling. Not smirking. Not grinning. Fucking smiling. A sweet fucking smile.

The addict in my head looked content. I could still see her sitting in the darkness but she wasn't being destructive.

It was like she had her full. But I never gave her anything? Did I?

Her eyes bore into mine like she knew something I didn't. She knew that I gave her something she wanted. Something she begged for. But I didn't know what that was.

And now she's quiet.

And me? I'm scared shitless.

"Why do you have blood on your hands?" A voice echoed through the darkness causing me to stir in my sleep.

I didn't know how long I slept for. It felt like an eternity.

All I know is after Ian and I cleaned up Lip, we went into the Gallagher house and passed out. I was on Ian's bed. And Ian? He was with Kash. At least, I think he was.

I squinted my eyes open to see Carl leaning over me. His eyes were fixed on my knuckles that were clutching my blanket. I followed his gaze, seeing crimson splattered on my fingers and knuckles.

Bobby's.

I grunted before bringing the blanket over my head.

"Did you kill somebody?" His voice sounded way too enthusiastic.

I pulled the covers off my head to get a better look at the anomaly that was Carl Gallagher.

"What'd you do with their body?" He asked. His eyes grew with every question.

I rubbed my eyes, "I buried them in the backyard." I joked.

His eyes grew bigger as a smile graced his baby face, "No way."

I smirked before pushing lightly on his forehead, "Let me sleep, Carl."

His eyes were still large in shock as he walked out of the room, with his backpack tightened to his back.

I laughed quietly before planting my head back on the softness that was the ginger's pillow.

I couldn't stop thinking about Bobby. About Lip. About my addict. There was so much blood last night. There were so many bones cracking. There was so much...madness. And the weirdest thing of all? I didn't feel the slightest guilty.