Chapter Three : Parabatai

Clary POV

I walked away slowly from the chaotic Jace's room and towards my room to calm down and think.

I needed some time alone. Away from everything. I walked into my room and welcomed the familiar smell and feeling. I closed my door behind me and put a locking and silencing rune on it.

I walked over to my bed and just fell into it. I stayed like that, with my face in my blankets, for a few minutes before sitting up.

I looked around my room and realised that I haven't cleaned it in quite a while. My desk had books stacked in an untidy pile, with pens all over the desk and on the floor, and next to my desk my clothes were on the floor in a pile instead of the basket , the door to my bathroom was open and my shoes were everywhere, then I noticed something under a stack of towels. I walked over and picked it up.

It was my sketching book. I went over to my desk and picked up a few pencils and pens. I sat down on the bed again and tried to think of something to draw. My brain came up empty and I felt drained.

So I pushed the sketch book aside roughly and layed down. I soon fell asleep with images of Jace and his new found lover.

Jace's POV

I met this brunette at the club yesterday when I snuck out of the infirmary. I didn't know she was a shadowhunter until now. She caught me on my way to my room.

She asked if I was okay and I had a feeling she didn't actually want to know. But nonetheless I felt lonely since Clary hasn't been up to see me the entire day.

Pathetic I know

I just dismissed her question and tried to start a small conversation with this attractive girl in front of me. I made her laugh easily and she had one of those laughs that made you want to laugh too. All thoughts of Clary dissapeared.

I asked the brunette what her name was and she replied, Katherine. I liked her name, I also asked her if she wanted to see my room. She agreed willingly and I took her hand and lead her into my room.

She complimented me on how neat my room was. I just played it of cool with her. Worked with most of them before Clary.

Soon I worked my charms and we moved quite fast.

Not long after

I get a knock on the door, So I quickly get up and throw on a pair of bottoms and go to answer the door.

Alec is standing there smiling at me.
He walks in while talking about going down to eat. When he notices the girl in my bed, he turns around and stares at me with wide eyes.

"Alec, please come in. " I say sarcastically

"Jac-" He tries to say

"Just hold on before you assume anything, Alec" I cut him off knowing that I had only pleasured this girl. Beisides that I was basically innocent.

To my surprise, he looked really mad. I didn't think he was close to Clary but apparently I was wrong.

The next thing I know, Alec is throwing a dagger at me so fast. I jump to the side and knock my chest of drawers down. It falls with a big bang and Katherine wakes up screaming.

Alec runs toward me, and I side-step him, he turns around and grabs my arm before I can get away. I try breaking free of his iron grip, his grip loosens  giving me a bit of space. But before I make it out, Alec punches me straight in the eye and throws me across the room against a wall I feel my right arm break into pieces.

I really underestimated Alec's strength. Why doesn't he always fight like this?

I find a dagger next to me and throw it straight at Alec, he moves and it just grazes his shoulder.

Isabelle storms into the room and her eyes run wildly around the scene in front of her.

"What The Hell Alec!?" She shouts

"Izzy!? Look!" Alec yells back while pointing towards my bed.

Isabelle's eyes widen and she slowly turns her head towards me.

Here it goes again

I try to tell her to wait but she and Alec both come at me at the same time. My right arm is useless, lucky I'm left- handed. I block Alec's oncoming punch and kick him in the ribs. He staggers a little but comes back, he grabs me and punches me straight in my right arm. I scream out in pain. Alec's eyes widen but his concern disappears in an instant.

Isabelle leaves me and decides to go towards Katherine, I was about to say something to Isabelle when Alec punches me in the arm again. I don't think he meant to do it this time but it was still painful. I look towards the door and see Clary looking bored.

Isabelle stops in front of Clary so I can only see a bit of her face and body. She's leaning casually against my door frame like she's looking out at a nice view. She looks at Isabelle then she turns around and walks away.

My heart drops when she walks away, but then again, she probably realised what was going on so she left. I just became rigid after come time, Alec wasn't doing anything, but when he looked over at me, I guess I looked pretty bad.

Alec was so shocked, he backed away as far as the door. He looked at me and said.

"Do you have your stele?" In a soft voice.

" No " I reply roughly

He takes a few breaths then walks towards me. He looks like he's still mad but he's helping me because he has to.

He applys a few iratzes and sighs.

"Why Jace?" He asks

"I don't know, Alec" I whisper

"Well you better come up with something better than 'I don't know', Jace. " Isabelle says a little coldly.

"Where's Katherine?" I asked, regretting it immediately

" WHERE'S KATHERINE!?" Isabelle shouts

"You should be asking where Clary, your girlfriend, is!" She adds

"Izzy -" Alec starts

"Alec, just hold on. You had your chance. I'm sure you were just beating him up. And now your already trying to protect him" Isabelle says to her brother .

"Izzy, I'm sorry " I say to Isabelle while looking at the floor.

"Well Jace I wish that could fix it, but it can't. " She says coldly

"Oh and another thing, don't apologise to me. Apologise to your girlfriend!" She glared at me

"We're leaving Alec " She says to Alec

He starts to walk behind her, but she stops and turns her top half towards me

" Katherine left by the way. I hope you enjoyed your one night stand with that whore!"

Authors note :

Hey there! I decided to do a few pov's. Hope you don't mind. It's really long today. Sorry about that. But I hope you liked it and comment for requests. Update soon. Thanx for reading this far:)