Chapter Four : Jealousy

Alec's POV

When Clary and I got back from Taki's, I was starving. The smell of the food was so intense, I was sure I wouldn't be able to hold myself anymore.

We called everyone to eat but Jace didn't come. Clary left, I guessed she went to look for him. But after a few minutes she was back. She looked different, her nose was pink and her eyelashes had tears in them.

I looked away so that she wouldn't notice me staring at her. Isabelle asked Clary where Jace was but she said she didn't know.

I volunteered to go find him, since I was finishing most of the food. I needed to call him before I actually did finish it all.

I got to his room and knocked on his door. It took him some time, guess he was sleeping, but he soon opened the door. He looked tired.

I smiled and walked in. I looked over at his bed and saw someone sleeping there. First I was shocked, then I was mad.

Jace was so lucky to have a girl like Clary! Why would he want anyone else but her!? I was always jealous of Jace , he could've had any girl, but he chose the one girl that I wanted! And now that he has her, he's cheating on her , while she's still here!

I didn't understand. I was so mad at him. I took out my dagger and threw it at him, aiming for his arm. It would have hit him if he didn't move.

I ran towards him but he spun around and I caught his arm just in time. I punched him in the eye and threw him across the room.

Guess my strength rune from hunting earlier didn't fade yet.

I think his arm broke, because I heard a crunching sound. He found my dagger and threw it at me, straight and true, towards my heart. I moved and it grazed my shoulder.

We continued to fight, and I mistakenly punched him in his arm. The first time I meant to do it, but the second time was a mistake. I felt bad as he screamed in pain.

I stopped after some time and when I looked over and Jace, he looked like crap to say the least.

I knew he was hurt, but so was Clary, Isabelle and I. Clary and Isabelle were parabatai. So Izzy took it quite seriously. I healed him and Izzy and I left.

I walked to Clary's room and tried to open the door, but it was locked. So I just went to my room. I closed my door behind me and sat on my bed. I took my shirt off and saw that my entire right top- half of my body was covered in blood. My shirt was covered too, the "graze" that I felt when Jace threw the dagger was more. It was a really deep gash across my shoulder. I couldn't draw an iratze that far back,  so I just cleaned it up and bandaged it , I had to heal like a mundane. Although I think Mundanes got stitches for cuts like these.

Clary's POV

When I woke up, I was glad that I didn't have a dream. I've had bad experiences with dreams lately.

I got out of bed and went into my bathroom. I looked in the mirror and sighed, remembering what had happened.

I showered slowly and put on some training clothes. I was supposed to train with Jace today, he needed it too. Since he's been sick for some time, but anyway I think I'll just ask Izzy or Alec.

I removed the runes I had put the day before and walked over to my phone. It was seven in the morning. I knew Jace wasn't up yet. He always slept till at least half past eight.

Which gives me one and a half hours to train. I opened my door and looked down the passage. It was empty so I went to the kitchen to grab a fruit for some energy.