Kidnapped

Tina reluctantly opened her eyes, and woke up to a completely black room, containing nothing but the chair she was tied to, gagged, and she was very painfully sore.

Where am I? she wondered. She didn't remember anything from last night. She tried to recall, sitting in the dark. She attempted to pull her arms away, but to her surprise she wasn't locked there by magic. There was an actual metal padlock with chains, binding her to the chair.

Well this was absolutely cruel. If she had her wand, it would take seconds to unlock it. Then she realized how lucky she was that they locked her. She nodded her head over to her pocket, where the bowtruckle Newt had given her was hiding.

Bowtruckle?

Her memories came flooding back. The first date with Newt, Mason.

Mason. She knew something was off about him when she saw him at MACUSA every day. She never thought he would actually kidnap her though.

She shook herself out of her thoughts. First, get this gag off. It took a while, but she finally got it off with a lot of work and quite a bit of muffled curses under her breath. Finally she looked down, and saw her bowtruckle still hiding. She smiled encouragingly.

Her delicate bowtruckle climbed out from underneath her pocket, and it looked at her. She felt love for the little creature.

"What should I call you?" she mused. It continued peering up at her. "Well, if you're going to be mine, I'm making you American. Your name is Lucy." Lucy seemed happy at that. She then started to climb around her back and found the padlock, working her way through it.

Then she realized her wand was still in the slim pocket Queenie had sewn on the inside of her dress. How did he not find it on me? she wondered.

Then Tina heard footsteps approaching. She began to panic. A door she hadn't noticed before opened, and Mason walked in. She tensed.

"Well, someone's awake," Mason said, leaning down in front of her. Her mouth twisted in disgust.

"Who do you work for?" she asked, scowling at him. He smiled innocently.

"The One and Only," he said, cocky.  Her mind could barely proceed it. He worked for Grindelwald? She had no clue he had been so close to her home. Or maybe she didn't. She still had no clue where she was.

"How long," she asked dully, energy gone. There was no way she could get out of here. Not without help.

"From the very beginning," he said cheerfully. "Which reminds me. He asked to see you specifically. And your guy that follows you everywhere," he added, grimacing. "In fact, you're kind of being used as bait."

She was surprised at his grimace. Did he actually have feelings for her? It didn't matter anyway. "I don't want to see him."

He raised an eyebrow. "Really? Aren't you and MACUSA constantly trying to track him down? I'd hate to see you miss this opportunity," he continued.

She felt the temptation eating at her, and she hated how she couldn't walk away from this, and he knew it. Grindelwald knew it. How did he know her so well?

"Fine," she said. "Just give me 10 minutes."

He laughed at her. "You're chained. What do you need time for?"