Kissed and Disguised

Tina watched in relief as the people left from their wedding reception party that Queenie had deviously let slip to the entire wizarding world of America.

She leaned contently on Newt as they stood on the balcony so she wouldn't fall asleep as she watched the wizards apparate back to their houses. He had gone into the house and come back 10 minutes later happier than ever.

Newt looked down at her increasingly fast-falling eyelids, amused.

"Hey, don't fall asleep yet," he warned. "There's still something I have to do with you."

She became more awake as she tried to stumble up on her feet and leaned on the balcony. "What?" she asked, confused.

"Our honeymoon," Newt reminded her.

"Oh, we're still doing that?" she asked, dizzy, trying keep her head up. She felt herself start falling and then a gentle hand on the back of her neck that pulled her back to him.

"It does come with the wedding," he said, smiling at her dizziness.

She suddenly felt a jolt of energy pulse through her as he slowly tilted her face towards his and kissed her. He pulled her closer against him, and she felt butterflies fluttering in her stomach as she realized that they were finally alone. But something still felt unfamiliar about him as he moved his lips against hers.

Then she saw a flicker of movement to her right, and she very reluctantly tried to move away from him, but he had her locked in. "Newt," she murmured, but her voice could barely be heard. "Newt, wait."

He moved his lips to her hand, kissing her palm as her will weakened, and she took advantage of it as she started to find strength and get in deep breaths. "Newt," she said stronger, trying again to break away as she saw the faint shadow of movement flash again.

"No," he said as he tightened his arms around her as she struggled against him. She pulled back then-this wasn't like Newt.

"You're not Newt," she realized. "Newt would've stopped the minute he even sensed-" she tried to reach for her wand, but it was gone. She glared at the person in front of her. "Where's Newt?" she demanded.

He smiled cruelly as his fingers finished locking something metal around her hands. "Long gone," he said, stepping back from her.

"Who are you?" she asked, feeling fear rising to her throat.

"What, you don't recognize me?" he asked wryly, as his face started to twitch, and he quickly down. When he looked up at her again, she recognized in horror that it was Mason. She caught her breath.

He grinned at her response. "There it is," he said, satisfied as he saw everything click in her head. Little did he know that she wasn't the least bit scared- in fact she already assumed that Newt was free since Pickett could pick locks and figured he was waiting for the right moment.

Then she cringed as she realized that Newt might've seen her kiss him. That's going to take some explaining, she thought, starting to worry.

She looked back up at Mason, letting her face slip into an expression of worry and anger, which wasn't hard. "You're just bitter about Newt and I," she said, trying to turn the focus away from the whereabouts of Newt.

He winced slightly, looking away. Woah, that was not supposed to be true, she thought. She didn't actually think he liked her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize..." she trailed off. "That was a while ago," he waved it off, and she saw right through the face he put on.