The Wedding

Newt awoke completely exhilarated. And then the nerves started to kick in, as he realized today he was getting married.

He happily realized he was holding Tina in his arms, and she started to yawn as she sleepily opened her eyes. Then he remembered that she had had a nightmare about Grindelwald crashing their wedding today. Which may or may not probably definitely absolutely could happen. Not that he was worried.

"Hey, you're awake," he said gently, brushing her hair away from her face.

She smiled. "You ready for today?" she asked, reaching for his neck. He was pulled forward by her hands.

"Never been more ready for anything," he promised softly, enjoying how he could stroke her face and watch the color rise to her cheeks. Their foreheads leaned against each other.

Then her smile disapppeared. "He is not going to crash our wedding," Newt promised, already knowing what she was going to say.

"But-"

"Tina," he said knowingly. She shut her eyes, pretending to go back to sleep.

"Anything that happens, we'll be together for. Don't worry," he said softly, and he kissed her forehead, tucking her head underneath his chin, and she snuggled closer to him. He felt another rush of protectiveness, and he felt a little grateful for Grindelwald in a way. Instead of driving them apart, he had pushed them closer together.

Then Tina really realized she was getting married, because then she jumped up. "Get out of here!" she exclaimed.

Newt jumped. "What did I do?" he asked quickly. "Whatever it is, I'm sorry- I swear I didn't mean-"

"You can't see the bride before the wedding!" Tina said, smiling. "Queenie will be in here any second pulling me away from you! We have to-"

"Morning!" Queenie opened the door, and looked pointedly at Newt. "Get out," she demanded.

"Hold on," Tina said, laughing. "Turn around," she ordered Queenie.

Then she walked over to Newt, and reached on the tip of her toes, and kissed him. He reached forward and grabbed her waist, attempting to pull her deeper but Queenie yanked him away, laughing as he struggled against her. "No," he complained, as she dragged him out the door.

"It's the rule," Queenie insisted. "Besides, you'll see her soon, and only her for the next couple of weeks. Just after your reception," she winked.

She pushed him into his room, with Jacob standing with a tux in his hand. He smiled.

"Showtime," Jacob smiled, and Newt laughed. "What has happened to us?" Newt asked, taking the suit and unwrapping the cover.

"It's those Goldstein sisters," Jacob shook his head. "They get in your head and you fall hard."
***
Queenie danced into Tina's room, shutting the door behind her, to a very cross Tina. Tina folded her arms, trying to suppress a smile. Why was it so hard to be mad at Queenie?

"I wasn't done!" Tina whined, as she was pushed into the bathroom that had been set up with makeup, hair products, and other assortments of beauty on the counter with a huge mirror and a chair.