The Caribbean

Tina was in paradise. She was in the Caribbean.

But of course the paradise had to be ruined.

She gripped Newt's hand tightly as they wove through the crowd, trying to lose Grindelwald's spies off their trail, and she was grateful she had brought sunglasses for both of them.

"Are they still following us?" she asked, as they continued to walk through the crowd.

"You know they are," Newt murmured back.

"Just checking," she said absentmindedly. "How are we going to make it out of this one?"

"Well," he said, looking at the ground. "I've still got my case. We can crawl in if necessary, but I don't think that's smart. Anyone could find it, and in this case I mean whoever is following us."

"What I want to know is why?" Tina mumbled. "You're famous- that isn't worth an attack."

"You're an auror?" he guessed, but they both shook their heads.

"I'm hunted, but not as far as the Caribbean," she said. "How'd they even find out we came here? The only way they would know that is if they-" she stopped walking.

"What?" Newt said, holding both of her hands. "Tina? Tina talk to me," he pleaded.

"What if they captured Queenie?" Tina got out. At first the thought seemed to intrigue Newt, but then he shook his head. "No, I don't think so. They have to be spying on us."

"That does make more sense," she admitted. Then another thought hit her. "Hey, ever wonder how we got to the Caribbean so fast?"

Newt paused. "Well, you got me there," he said slowly. "Maybe those spies aren't so hypothetical," he worried.

"The real problem is who they're working for," she muttered, and they ducked into a place to stay.

The woman at the desk looked up at them. Her eyes widened, and she started to say something, but Newt held a wad of No-Maj money. "Don't say a word, and you can keep the change." She nodded, and gave them their room key.

"Aw, now I miss Alex," Tina teased. "I wanted to hear about how lucky I am to be traveling with the famous N-"

"Alex will be missed," Newt said with mock regret in his voice, cutting her off to avoid the whole "Newt Scamander is famous" conversation. He opened the door, and they quickly rushed in, locking it. Newt put an extra protection spell on the lock and the door, and Tina closed the windows and put the curtains all the way down.

"I feel like we're on the run, like in the movies I've watched with Queenie," Tina said, somehow excited even though, once again, she was probably on the verge of dying.

"We are on the run," she heard Newt mutter.

"Hey," she said, walking over. "I'm getting used to it. And it kind of makes our lives more adventurous, don't you think?"

Newt still looked uneasy. "I don't feel good about you being hunted because of me," he said.

She was about to respond when she realized he wasn't going to listen to a word she said. She came closer and tilted her head against his forehead.