Apologies

Picture of Harry on the side!

***

As soon as Harry's eyes met mine he groaned. "What the hell is she doing here?" he asked, in a tired voice. That itself brought on another bought of fresh tears.                     

"Harry?" Louis called as he walked closer.                     

"Yeah?"                    

"Shut up.” Louis replied bluntly. Harry’s face scrunched up in disbelief as he opened his mouth to argue. Louis held up his hand, signalling him to keep it shut. “You're making it worse. You obviously haven't cooled down and you're most certainly not ready to talk and neither’s this little one so go to your room and unwind."

Harry stayed where he was, about five metres away from where I was sitting. "Now." Louis instructed and Harry sighed, ambling down the hall and into his room. 

Louis looked down at me, anger, hurt and sympathy shining in his eyes.                     

"I don't think it's a good idea for you to drive home, Lil. Not when you're like this." Liam broke the silence and Zayn continued.                     

"If you want you can go have a lay down in my bed? It's new so it's all soft and comfy."

I looked at them and smiled sadly. They really were great friends.                     

"Are you sure you wouldn't mind?" I asked, though we all knew I was more so asking permission to stay.                     

"Not at all! You're our little sister; you can stay over anytime you like." Niall grinned at me and got up from the cushions, walked over and have me a kiss of the cheek.                     

"I'm gonna go start dinner, Liam, Louis, you coming to help?"                    

"Yeah!" they chorused, hopping up from the sofa and floor. 

Zayn scooped me up into his sturdy arms and carried me to his bedroom. He walked slowly to his room and I felt my eyes droop the further he got to his door. Quietly opening his door, he placed me gently inside the haven of his bed, tucking me in and sitting beside my legs. I rolled over and looked at him through tired, closing eyes. He leaned down closer and kissed me on the temple, stroking curly strands of hair from my face. I smiled gently at him.                    

“What are we gonna do with you two, hey?” He smiled sadly and shook his head slightly. “You can sleep in here tonight; I’ll call your mum and try my best not to wake you up when I come to bed. We’re gonna have dinner in about an hour...” I realised that he was inadvertently asking me if I was going to join and I shook my head as I knew I wouldn’t be hungry until I woke up in the morning.                    

“Alright, well I suppose that’d be the perfect time to talk to Harry and see what’s going on inside that messed up head of curls.” He laughed through nose in disbelief at the situation I had landed myself in. At least I wasn’t the only one baffled by just how bad an argument Harry and I could have when we both get going. As my eyes were closing, Zayn leaned forward to give me another kiss and, before he left, he whispered, “We love you, Lil, and we’ll get this sorted. After all, Harry’s got something he needs to tell you. A surprise.”

***

The sound of a door opening woke me up from my sleep; figuring it was probably just Zayn coming to bed I closed my eyes and snuggled further into the bed. Footsteps padded across the floor and I welcomed the warmth Zayn’s body offered my when he pulled me against him. But this body didn’t feel like Zayn and it didn’t smell anything like him. It smelt like Harry. I turned over, facing Harry as I threaded my arms under his. With our legs intertwined I clung to him as if he were my lifeline and began to sob gently. He pulled me even closer to his chest and rubbed my back gently as I let out all my feelings. After I had progressed towards sniffles and the occasional hiccup, he buried his head into my locks of blonde wavy high and took a deep breath in.                    

“Lil?” He mumbled, pulling back slightly and wiping the wet tear stains off my face.                    “Mmmmm?” I opened my eyes and gazed up at him, perplexed by his beauty. His eyes glistened as though he had been crying, his hair was damp and his skin flushed.                    

“God, you’re so beautiful and look at the mess you are; all because of me. I’m so sorry, Lil. I really am so sorry.” He paused, closing his eyes and breathing out slowly. I opened my mouth to speak when he continued on, momentarily silencing me.                    

“I just don’t know what came over me; well, I do but I’m not ready to talk about that yet. It just made me so angry. I’m not too bothered about you keeping it from me, it’s more so the fact that I wasn’t here to interrogate him and tell him that I’d kill him if he laid another hand on you aga—I mean, after what happened with him flirting with that girl last time and treating you like shit, I just...” He took a deep breath in and let it out. I knew he was trying to calm himself down. He’d always had anger problems when it came to Jason. I couldn’t help but shiver involuntarily as I thought about just how angry he’d get if he knew the truth. Jason flirting with another girl made his blood boil, I could only imagine his reaction when he found out just how flirty Jason had got with me.                    

“Just...I’m not gonna ask you to break up with him but I’m not gonna be all buddy with him either. I don’t believe he’s changed and I want you to be really careful around him, you hear me?” He asked sternly. I nodded. “Look, what I’m trying to say is that my opinion of him hasn;t changed but if he’s the one who makes you happy, then I’ll accept that. Ok? I’m sorry.” He replied, running his hands through his hair with the look of frustration in his eyes. He probably wanted to tell me something else but I could tell he was holding back.                    

“I’m sorry too, Harry. I should never have shouted at you or kept Jason a secret in the first place. And what I said about the girls you go out with wasn’t right either. I really hate arguing with you so let’s pinkie swear that we’re not going to do it anymore.” I looked up at him and he smiled brightly at me, locking his small finger around mine. Leaning down, he gave me a small kiss on the lips, which sent a warm tingly feeling through me and left my lips feeling warm yet cold without his touch. Blaming my crazy thoughts and feelings on exhaustion, I asked where Zayn was sleeping.                    

“In my room; he said I should wait to talk to you ‘til morning but the guilt and shame was killing me. I had to come in here and apologize. I love spending the night with you in my arms; it makes me feel loved and safe, which is most definitely something I don’t feel when I’m with those ‘blonde bimbo’s’, so at least you were accurate about that bit.” He chuckled gently and kissed each of my eyelids, before gently kissing me on the nose.                    

“What’s the time?” I asked, sitting up and looking for Zayn’s electronic clock. “Two am? I still feel like it’s yesterday,” Looking back at Harry, I added, “But I’m glad it’s not.” Before laying down beside him and laying my head on his chest. We lay together for five minutes before I remembered what Zayn had whispered earlier on during the night.        

“Harry?”                    

“What is it, Lil?” He looked down at me lying on his chest and smiled cheekily, his dimples appearing on his smooth cheeks.                    

“Zayn told me that you have a surprise for me. What is it?” I asked tracing patterns against his bare chest.                    

“I’ll tell you in the morning, I wanna get some sleep; thanks to you I’m absolutely knackered.” He accused jokingly before closing his eyes. I continued tracing patterns on his bare chest, brushing the soft, defined muscles. After a couple of minutes, Harry groaned and peeked through one eye.                     “Lil, I’m trying to sleep and you’re sort of distracting me...” I looked at him quizzically before following his gaze to his bulky boxers. I blushed profusely and buried my face in his shoulders, secretly proud that my touch could produce such a reaction from him. But it’s probably because I’m a girl.

"And Lil? One more thing. I love you."

I sighed in contentment, "I love you too, Hazza."

He chuckled, wrapping his arm around me and we both fell asleep to the sound of each others light, relaxed breathing.