Chapter 1

"Keep the ball close to your body," he told his son. "You don't want to fumble."

"Okay, daddy," Adam answered his father. "Throw me a far one this time."

Harrison smiled, setting up for a snap. "Alright hotshot," he said snapping the ball. Adam took off down the yard, Harrison throwing the football as far as he possibly could. Adam jumped and caught it, running a little farther with the football tucked and close to his body as his father instructed.

Adam tossed him the football and he was setting up for another snap before he heard his name being called. "Harrison!"

"Gotta go kid," he smiled, tossing Adam the ball back. "Keep working on your footwork."

Adam nodded, beginning to run the lines his dad showed him.

"Harrison," she called again just as he walked in the kitchen.

Carrie's lips were in a straight line as she held the phone out to him. "They want you to come back from retirement."

He pointed at himself with a questioning look. "I thought we were planning on having another kid."

"That's what I thought," she said, handing him the phone before walking out into the living room.

She looked at all the awards in his trophy case. Two Super Bowl rings, many trophies, plenty of footballs from game winning plays, a jersey of each color, and her favorite; the Pete Rozelle Trophy. He'd won Super Bowl MVP trophy his last season before he retired to be with her, and she couldn't have been more proud of him. He'd worked so hard those five years before the Cowboys' back to back Super Bowl victories. He'd led their defense through the ups and downs, eventually making his way to team captain and calling the plays down on the field.

Carrie spotted his yearly awards, plenty of both offensive and defensive player of the week and month trophies. She had framed a headline from the newspaper about him which she'd given him a few years ago for their anniversary. It was titled 'Harrison Ford makes history and Hall of Fame case'. The frame sat next to his gold Hall of Fame jacket.

He was the youngest and fastest player ever to be inducted in the Hall of Fame, being inducted 1 year after retiring. The normal wait time was 5 years before a player could be eligible, but the NFL commissioner made an exception for him when 98% of voters first choices were for him.

In his seven year career, he'd become one of the greatest linebackers to ever play the game of football, as well as one of the most winningest linebackers in Cowboys and NFL history. And he'd been rewarded with a trip with the greats to Canton, to join the Hall of Fame.

She felt his arms around her as she leaned back into his embrace. "What'd they say?"

He sighed, "they offered a three year, $75 million dollar deal, that I declined." She backed closer into his chest in relief. "We're going to have another child, and besides, we don't need the money anyway."

The second statement was true. He'd earned enough in seven years that their grandchildren will never have to get jobs in their lifetimes.

"And I don't want you to get hurt again."

The last game in his second season, he'd broken his collar bone, three ribs, and was left with a severe concussion. The doctors weren't sure if he was going to come back from the concussion but somehow he did. He used the summer for recovery and was able to come back the first week of the next season.

But Harrison knew ever since his injury, she'd still continued to support him, but there was always that little bit of fear that he would get hurt badly again. That's why she was nervous when the Cowboys called, asking him to come out of retirement, and even more nervous when her son followed in his fathers footsteps.