Chapter 17

It was March 2017 and things were finally starting to settle down. Carrie's mom was finally moved into her new house which was about 50 feet from theirs. With the neighbors being a half mile away, she'd suggested to build another house on the property which is exactly what they did. Last week they finished moving the rest of Debbie's stuff in.

With moving Debbie next door, it was a huge help as well as the fun of living so close to each other. Debbie was over, playing with her grandkids almost every day, giving Carrie and Harrison the ability to go out more often.

Carrie and Debbie had also taken care of her bank accounts. She got new credit cards, and opened up new accounts that Eddie couldn't access. She was finally free from him. Neither of them made contact with Eddie in the 3 months since Carrie pretty much cussed him out.

Adam was getting all A's at school and Carrie started working with Emma at pre kindergarten stuff as well as working with Harrison at night. Adam's football team was starting games and Harrison was coaching. He'd gotten several other calls from the Cowboys, all of which he'd ignored.

Along with winning several more awards for teaching, Carrie also brought home a family dog. He was a French bulldog named Gary. Gary was a year when she rescued him.

Last month, coming home from work, she saw him get hit by a car. Being a dog lover, Carrie had to stop and by stopping, she saved his life. After Gary recovered, she begged Harrison to let her bring Gary home.

He finally said yes after they looked into training Gary since there was a new baby coming soon. To their surprise, Gary had been trained by his previous owners. Carrie and the kids were ecstatic about Gary. Even Harrison loved Gary. Gary became his running buddy once Carrie got far into her pregnancy where she couldn't run much anymore.

This weekend was dedicated to fixing up the new baby's room. Carrie, Harrison, Debbie, and the kids all gathered in the baby's room. She briefed her crew. "The walls over there are going to be purple, while the wall by the door will be a light grey. The crib will go on the other side of the room, near the window. And the new bookshelf will go here," she said, pointing to where the crib sat.

Harrison came back, carrying two cans of paint. They got to work, finishing the first coat of paint in an hour. Debbie helped Adam and Emma take books and toys out to the garage.

Carrie and Debbie made pancakes for a mid-morning breakfast. "You get your mad cooking skills from your mom," Harrison teased, loading his plate with more pancakes.

She shrugged. "I do teach a cooking class. In fact, I should teach you some of my mad cooking skills so you can bring me breakfast in bed when this baby comes."

"Deal," he said, gently kissing her.

"Ew daddy! That's gross!" Adam said from the table.

Harrison laughed. "No it's not buddy."

Adam made a face before continuing his breakfast. Once he wasn't paying attention to his dad, Harrison spun Carrie around so her back was pressed against the counter. He kissed her, his lips pressing aggressively against hers. "Harrison Ford," she scolded with a smile, putting an end to a kiss that would have a very different outcome if her mother and the kids weren't sitting in the kitchen. "There's a place for that. And that place is upstairs, with the door closed, when the kids are asleep," she whispered.

He smiled, sneaking in another quick kiss before going back into the baby's room to start moving furniture. She smiled, playfully rolling her eyes as he walked.