Chapter 20

Harrison and Carrie were almost finished with a very intense game of ping pong when Billie started crying. Before serving, he asked, "should we?"

"Let's finish this game first."

He served the ball and she hit it back. The ball took a high bounce on his side. Once it reached its peak, he hit it back, forcing Carrie to run to her right. Harrison played the bounce, backhanding it and hitting it to her left side.

The ball hit the very edge of the table, taking an odd bounce. Carrie saw the ball falling and laid out, hitting it back onto his side with her paddle.

Harrison didn't even realize she hit it until he heard the ball bounce off his side of the table. From the corner of his eye, he saw the ball fall off the table. He just saw Carrie dive, and from his view, it looked like she missed.

The kids clapped as she stood up. "What's that!? I think that's a sweep!"

"Yeah mommy!"

Carrie smiled at the kids who lay on the floor next to Gary. Just then, Billie began to scream more. "Daddy's going to tuck you guys in while I go feed Billie. I love you," she said, kissing both their foreheads before heading upstairs.

She found Billie screaming and punching her stuffed animals. "Hey girly," she whispered, picking her up.

Billie immediately calmed down in the presence of her mother. "Who's hungry?"

She clapped as Carrie sat on the rocking chair. Breastfeeding her daughter, Carrie smiled at how much Billie looked like her when she was a baby. "You look so much like your mommy," she whispered.

After Billie was done, Carrie sung her a lullaby. "Your grandma used to sing this to me girly."

Billie smiled. "My little girl."

Singing her another lullaby, Carrie watched as Billie began to fall asleep in her mother's arms. Gently, Carrie sat her in the crib. "I love you Billie Catherine."

•••

It was Saturday morning and Harrison had his first training camp workout with the Cowboys. While he was gone, Carrie and the kids hung out in her room, watching ESPN.

Adam and Emma lay next to her on Harrison's side of the bed. Billie lay on her chest as she typed an email to her substitute. Carrie was going to be on maternity leave for another 3 days, and she just finished the lesson plans for the sub.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." Emma rolled over, pushing her.

"Let me finish this and we'll go have breakfast okay?"

"Ok mommy."

Carrie finished her email and took the kids downstairs. "Waffles or pancakes?"

"Pancakes mommy!" They both shouted.

Carrie made pancakes, holding Billie the entire time. Adam and Emma ran around the kitchen, grabbing ingredients and plates. Having two kids before Billie, Carrie had gotten good at cooking while holding a baby.

Once the food was done, they all sat around the table eating pancakes while Billie sipped on a bottle of milk. "Mommy, what are we going to do today?"

"Well, Adam, do you want to go to the park? Daddy said he'd meet us there."

"Daddy's going to the park mommy?"

"Yes Emma."

"Let's go mommy!"

Once Carrie got all the kids in the car, they drove to the park where Harrison was waiting. "Morning sweetheart?" He said, opening her car door.

"How was practice?"

"Easy."

"Uh huh," she smiled, pushing by him to get Billie's stroller from the back.

"Daddy!"

"Emma!" He picked her up, spinning her around. Adam ran up, demanding that Harrison pick him up as well.

He walked through the park, carrying Adam and Emma as Carrie pushed Billie's stroller. They found a spot, Harrison dumped the kids on the blanket. Carrie handed him a picnic basket, that the kids stole from him.

"Mommy packed a few sandwiches, a sub, and some salad. Dig in." Harrison gave the kids their sandwiches, taking Billie from Carrie so she could eat. After she finished, they switched.

"Daddy, can we play catch?"

"Yeah buddy, let's go."

Emma, Adam, and Harrison played catch with a football. A few minutes in, it turned more into pickle in the middle with Gary, who ran after anyone who had the ball.

Carrie threw him Gary's favorite ball and he and the kids took turns throwing the ball for Gary to chase.

"Will Gary chase a frisbee?" Emma asked.

"Here daddy!" Adam handed him the frisbee.

"Gary! Go fetch!"

Gary watched the frisbee fly, turning back to them. "Go Gary go!"

He took off, catching the frisbee just before it was about to hit the ground. "Yay Gary!"

As the kids played with Gary, Harrison sat next to Carrie. "Want me to take her?"

"I'm fine," she said. "You go play."

"We haven't got to much mommy and daddy time," he pointed out, kissing her gently.

"We do have 3 kids honey."

"I know, I know." He moved behind her, holding her and Billie in his arms. "I love you both," he said, kissing her cheek.

"I love you too Harrison."