Chapter 10

Her hands ran down his chest, straightening his tie. "Maybe you should be an analyst."

He raised both eyebrows. "They're going to annoy the hell out of me about coming back."

"Just say no and leave it at that." Going back to the original topic, Carrie said, "you'd be a good NFL analyst. You know a lot about football, and you can break all these plays down so simply for Adam and I to understand."

"I don't know."

She fixed his collar. "You're ready."

He left their bedroom and to Adam's room, where he was getting ready for school. "I'll see you later buddy."

"Bye daddy!" Adam said, giving a him a hug. "Where you going?"

"I'm going for my interview with ESPN."

"You're going to be on ESPN!?"

"Yeah I am," he smiled. "Be good for mommy this afternoon."

"I will daddy! I promise!"

Harrison ruffled his hair before going to see his daughter. Slowly opening Emma's door, he saw she was still asleep. "See you later sweetie," he whispered, kissing her forehead gently.

Emma's little arms stretched up to his hands. "Dadda."

"Hey girly."

"Why you awake?"

"Daddy's got a interview today."

"I wanna come with!"

Harrison held her hands. "I'll see you later. Be good for mommy."

She sat up, wrapping her little arms around his neck. He hugged her back, kissing her cheek. "I'll play blocks with you when I get home. Okay?"

"Okay daddy!"

"Bye sweetie."

Emma waved at him as he left her room. Harrison went downstairs, finding Carrie eating a yogurt at the counter. Next to her sat a small cooler. She turned, seeing him come down the stairs. "I packed you Gatorade for the drive, and a sub for lunch."

"Did you-"

"I put on everything you like. Lettuce, tomato, olives, banana peppers, and pickles. Italian dressing's in a packet."

Harrison kissed her, tasting yogurt in that kiss. "Thanks sweetheart."

She stood, pushing him towards the door. "You're gonna be late."

"Carrie, I'll be fine."

"What time do you go on air?"

"12:30."

Carrie nodded. "I have my lunch and prep then so I should be able to watch most of it. It's exam day!"

"Is that supposed to be sarcastic?"

She went to the fridge. "Oh no, it's less for me to do today."