Chapter 5

Big flashback coming up😏

Carrie finally made her way to bed after cleaning up the kitchen table and checking on the kids. Holding Harrison's present behind her back, she made her way into their room.

"My dad found this," she said, holding out the small model mustang she had in her hand. "Exact model of his car. 1968 mustang."

"No way!"

Carrie handed it to him. He looked it over. The body, color, everything was the same as the car she used to drive all those years ago. "This is awesome."

"I figured you'd want it. When he showed me I told him to hold onto it for you."

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome."

"I'll call your dad tomorrow and thank him. Does he still have the car?"

"Yeah, he said he might sell it and I told him I'd buy it."

"That car holds a lot of memories."

"I know," she said, crawling under the covers.

•••

Carrie sat in her car outside the stadium waiting for Harrison. He said he was going to take a shower after the game and then he was all hers.

She'd taken the opportunity to go grab him food before the movie. There was a knock on the passenger side window, and she smiled seeing him. Carrie reached across the other seat, unlocking the door.

Harrison moved the passenger seat up to throw his giant football bag in the backseat. "Hey," he whispered, kissing her.

"Nice game."

He kissed her again, this kiss lingering longer than the last. "Thanks sweetheart."

She reached for the food in the backseat. Handing him the bag she said, "there's a burger and fries in there. Eat up."

"Thanks Carrie."

"Your welcome."

Carrie started the car, looking over at him as the mustang began to purr. "What movie do you want to see?"

"It doesn't matter."

"What movie?"

"Surprise me."

She rolled her eyes, easing the car into drive. "We're probably going to be late," Carrie muttered, turning out of the school parking lot.

"Drive fast," he teased.

Carrie smiled, shifting up until she hit 6th gear. "This thing has 6 gears?"

"Uh huh."

"This is the first one I've seen with 6 gears."

"Well I never really drive fast enough to need 6th gear. But this is a GT model so it has 6 gears instead of 4."

"You're driving quite fast now."

"Eat your food, and don't tell my dad."

"Sassy."

"Shut up," Carrie rolled her eyes at him before focusing back on driving. Harrison laughed, causing her to smile.

They made it to the drive in only 5 minutes late. There weren't many people there, giving Carrie a pretty good parking spot. She handed him a blanket as she grabbed the snacks. Opening her door, she ordered him to lay the blanket on the hood. "Don't scratch the car."