Chapter 21

(February 2018)

Carrie waited patiently for Harrison to come home. Their flight was scheduled to leave in an hour for Minneapolis, Minnesota and they were running tight on time. "Everybody have everything?"

"Everything's packed mom," Adam nodded as he went to pack his bag in the car.

"I have everything mommy."

Carrie followed Adam into the garage, and helped Emma load her stuff in the car. "Mom, do you need any help?"

"No buddy, I just have to grab your sister."

As she said that, Harrison pulled in the driveway. "I got her," he said, running into the house. "You take Gary to your moms."

Carrie walked Gary over to her moms. "I'm gonna miss you buddy. Be good for grandma."

Debbie opened the door and Gary rushed inside. Giving her mom a hug, Carrie said, "you'll be there Saturday right?"

"Yeah. What are you going to do up there for a week?"

"Go shopping, enjoy the snow."

"You'd better get going."

"I know mom. I love you."

"I love you too."

Carrie got in the car, as Harrison buckled Billie up. She started the car and began to back out. Carrie had to rely mostly on the backup camera since the back of her SUV was piled high with bags. "We're going to be so late."

"We'll be fine."

"We have to go through all the airport security and that's going to take forever."

"We're taking a private jet."

"We are?"

Harrison nodded as Carrie smiled. "Well that should make this a lot less stressful."

It only took a half hour for them to get through security and on their plane. They had to be escorted through the airport due to all of the people running up to Harrison and begging for autographs. With the Cowboys in this years Super Bowl, that was more persistent.

And this years opponent was the New England Patriots. They were defending champions after defeating the Falcons in last years championship. And there was nothing Harrison wanted more than to end the Brady-Belichick era.

Sports news across the country was calling it the matchup of the century, meaning Brady and Harrison. It was going to be interesting how Harrison handled Brady and how Brady handled Harrison.

On the flight, Harrison studied two hours worth of film on Tom Brady. He studied Brady's technique and how he reacted against different defensive plays. One thing about Brady was; he stayed in the pocket even as the pocket began to collapse. So if the Cowboys could keep pass rushing him, he'd be forced to let go of the ball earlier.

•••

Carrie collapsed on their bed in the hotel room. The hotel that would be their home for a week. Harrison followed, throwing down a few papers in disgust. "What?"

"All they do is compare Brady and I. Do they know it's not a one on one game?"

She looked at the paper on top which was a small version of the Super Bowl 52 poster. There was a heading of 'Super Bowl LII,' and pictured underneath was Harrison, representing the Cowboys, and Tom Brady representing the Patriots.