Valentine's Day

This section has is not a part of the plot of this story. I just felt like writing a Carrison short story since today is Valentine's Day. This takes place during Harrison and Carrie's senior year of high school.

It was finally Friday. Carrie came into school, the last of her week exam this afternoon. She couldn't wait to go home and spend her weekend with Harrison.

She glanced around for him before opening her locker. Carrie gasped at the bouquet of flowers, heart shaped chocolate, cupcakes, and the teddy bear holding an envelope. Covering her mouth with her hand, she dropped her book bag off her shoulder.

Carrie could smell the flowers and knew they were her favorite; roses. Pulling out the heart shaped box, she opened it, to see it full of her favorite milk chocolate. Next was the teddy bear. The envelope rested between its paws and she knew it was Harrison's writing immediately.

Happy Valentine's Day beautiful,
Carrie, you mean the world to me. You're the best thing that ever happened to me sweetheart. Tonight after my practice, be ready for an evening you'll never forget. I love you Carrie, more than words can ever say.
~Harry

Carrie teared up as his arms wrapped around her waist. Harrison picked her up, turning her in his arms to face him. "Harri-" he cut her off with a kiss.

Gently ending the kiss, she looked at him, her eyes full of tears. "Harrison I love you."

After kissing her again, he set her down. Wiping the tears off her cheeks, he said, "I love you too sweetheart."

Unzipping her book bag, Carrie got out his present. She handed him a jar full of heart shaped chocolate, and more chocolate. From her other bag, she pulled out a football full of 'open when' notes. She dug the card out from beside her binders.

Harrison smiled, reading her card. "Thanks Carrie."

"Love you. And thanks for my stuff."

"You're welcome."

"So what's this evening I'll never remember?"

"You'll have to wait and see. I'll be over after practice."

The warning bell rang, signaling class would start in five minutes. They stuffed everything in his locker before he took her hand and led her to class.

•••

In their fourth class, Carrie could see him mouthing something to her from across the classroom. She raised an eyebrow as he mouthed it again, slower this time. 'Check your phone.'

She pulled her phone out, hiding it under her desk so the teacher wouldn't see. He sent her various different dresses that he liked for prom. 'I like the white one,' he mouthed.

'Me too,' she mouthed back.

Harrison was about to say something else before the teacher said, "would you like to include us in your conversation Mr. Ford?"

Carrie giggled, slipping her phone away as he said "no."

"Miss Fisher, would you like to add anything?"

"No sir."

"Thank you," the teacher said before turning back to the board.