ii

"I bet you that she's going to get plastic surgery after she finishes school." Eun Ji says aloud, pointing at someone on the other side of the classroom.

I nod in agreement. "She probably will," I agree. "But it won't help." I add. "Once ugly, always ugly."

At my comment, Eun Ji laughs. "Truer words were never spoken."

Eun Ji and I burst into a fit of laughter, and I shake my head, happily. What a life I have. I think. What a happy, satisfying, and beautiful life I live.

...

After school I spot Eun Ji, Jin Rin, Kim Dahyun, Choi Minho, and Jang Hyun Seung all gathered at the front of the school. They're saying things that are inaudible to me, but I can tell that they're most likely talking to their latest victim.

Most people would probably think that bullying someone at the front of the school is a horrible idea. What with tons of people milling around, and teachers possibly catching our acts of harassment. However no one ever casts us a second glance, and I think that it's because everyone's used to our daily act of harassing a randomly selected person, and that no one really wants to get involved in fear of becoming our next target. And the teachers?

They've never caught us, only once have one of them seen me doing that, but they just put me off with a warning.

I walk over to the group, and make my grand entrance by taking a look at a guy standing in the middle of their circle, and calmly announcing, "Who's he?"

Minho shrugs, and looks over at the rest of us, as if searching for an answer. His eyes land on Eun Ji.

"How should I know?" Eun Ji snaps, scowling at Minho. "I'm not a scorekeeper."

At her snappish reply, Minho nods silently, regretting ever having laid eyes on her.

"That's Lee Seung Hyun from class two." Dahyun finally informs.

I nod, to indicate that I heard her. I advance towards Seung Hyun and smirk menacingly. The rest follow my actions.

Seung Hyun looks up at me, who is at the moment, physically the closest to him. "K-Kim Soo Jung, please don't do this to me." He begs.

I roll my eyes. "Idiot, you don't even know my name."

Hyun Seung laughs, and mockingly swats the back of Seung Hyun's head. "It's Kim. Ji. Yeon." He recites my name. "Get it right."

I flash him a grin, then turn towards Seung Hyun again, glaring at him maliciously. "You're going to have to pay for that." I say airily. Then I begin to back away. Suddenly I run towards Seung Hyun at full speed, and land a punch at his stomach.

I dust my hands off, and begin to walk away to the sound of my friends chanting "Medusa, Medusa, Medusa." Feeling extremely satisfied, I grin to myself.