viii

Not a second after I slam the door to the limousine, it drives away quickly, a screech from the tires being able to be heard. I then walk towards my school in no hurry, not caring whether or not I'm late.

"Ji Yeon!" Exclaims Yoongi's voice, coming from behind me.

For a second, my shoulders stiffen up, as I wonder how he always appears next to me. "What?" I snap.

Yoongi hurriedly bounds next to me, and suddenly grips my arms. He looks me in the face, a serious expression showing. "Are you okay?" He questions, concern evident in his voice.

Feeling uncomfortable, I lean away from him. "Huh?"

"Oh, I meant from yesterday." Yoongi explains. "You were coughing a lot."

I roll my eyes. This moron. Then I shake his grip off. "It was an asthma attack, I'm fine now." With that, I begin to speed walk away from him.

Yoongi catches up with me. "Why're you suddenly going so fast?" He asks, seeming confused.

"Because I don't want to be seen with you." I scowl.

Yoongi's cheerful smile falters, and a look of crestfallenness replaces his once happy expression. "Oh."

Then I begin to walk away from him again, however this time he doesn't bother following me.

...

"Get the fuck away from me." I growl, glaring fiercely at Seung Hyun who is standing right in front of me.

"I just wanted to—" he begins, but I cut him off.

Does he want to get killed? "I don't give a damn." I interrupt.

"What did I do that was so wrong to you?" Seung Hyun questions, looking upset.

Jaw clenched, I take a step towards Seung Hyun, while glaring at him threateningly.  "Your very existence annoys the shit out of me."

At my words, Seung Hyun takes a step back from me, gulping.

That's right. Be afraid—Medusa knows no mercy.

Seung Hyun, looking distressed, starts to leave, but stops in the middle of walking. "You've changed, Ji Yeon." He shoots over his shoulder, ominously. With that, he finally goes back to his desk, leaving me as annoyed and aggravated as ever.

...

Twirling the ring of the bathroom pass around my finger, I skip to the bathroom.

On my way there, I bump into someone, and both of us fall onto the ground.

I pick myself up, staring down at the other girl disgustedly. "Watch where you're-" I begin, but stop in the middle of my sentence when I see who it is. "Da—Dahyun?" I stutter, much unlike my usual confident demeanor.

Dahyun looks up at me. "What's up, Ji Yeon?" She says, casually.

I shake my head. I'll let her go only because she used to hang out with us. Us being me, Jin Rin, Eun Ji, Hyun Seung, and Min Ho. She used to be one of us, until she just drifted away. Even though this only happened over the past few weeks, it feels like it's been forever since I've last talked to Dahyun.

Just looking at Dahyun makes me feel oddly nostalgic and somewhat wistful, and I scold myself harshly for that. Stop it, she left you. I remind myself, and I feel hostility rise in my throat.

Never mind Dahyun. Forget about her. I tell myself, then stiffly escort myself to the bathroom.

However Dahyun grabs onto my arm, pulling me back to where I was standing. "Why're you so mean to Seung Hyun?" She suddenly questions.

"I'm mean to everyone." I protest.

Dahyun shakes her head. "Not as bad as you are to Seung Hyun." She argues.

I roll my eyes. "Why're you so interested in him? Do you like him?"

Dahyun rolls her eyes at me. "Childish as ever." She comments.

I feel anger rise in me, and I turn towards Dahyun with blazing eyes. "Why do you care, anyway?" I ask. "Since when did care about me, or anyone besides yourself?" I spit out, furiously.

"I would say the same about yourself." Dahyun rebuttals, and I raise my hand to slap her.

"Look here, you little shit." I snarl, angrily.

"What're you waiting for?" Dahyun looks at me, smirking satirically. "Hit me."

I suck in my breath frustratedly. Honestly, what is this drama? I was just trying to go to the bathroom and this little bitch comes. I think annoyedly. I lower my arm, snorting. If I hit her, then I would lose. And I never lose.

I laugh humorlessly. "Dahyun, leaving didn't make you any better of a person." I say. "And you know that." I then march to the bathroom, feeling victorious and glorious at Dahyun's silence.