iii

I climb into the backseat of the black limousine, and close the door behind me. "Is dad at home?" I ask the driver, who also doubles as one of the butlers at my house.

Unlike most rich kids in movies or dramas, I'm not at all close to the butler. Even though I've known him for most of my life, he's basically a stranger to me, as we usually just exchange a few silent hellos.

The driver, Mr. Park, nods solemnly and silently. He continues driving and we sit in silence all the way back home.

...

I knock on the door to my dad's study, and a voice echoes from inside.

"You may come in." It says.

The maids standing in front of the door open the door, allowing me inside. When my dad sees me, he looks up from what he's doing, and breaks into a smile.

"Darling," he calls my name. "What brings you here?" He asks.

I shrug. "I just wanted to greet you." I tell him earnestly, and his smile grows bigger.

"Thank you," my dad says graciously, then gestures towards his desk. "I'm sorry but I have a lot of work to do, can we talk later?" He questions.

I nod, because what else am I supposed to do? "Okay," I agree. Then I walk out of my dad's study feeling a slight emptiness at the pit of my stomach. The words that I really wanted to say ring in my mind, and linger at the tip of my lips, desperately wanting to escape. Words of I love you.

...

While doing homework, I get stuck on a question from my science homework. I take my phone from beside me, and slide it into my hands. I text Eun Ji, asking for if she finished the homework, and whether or not she understood it. Eun Ji doesn't answer so I text Jin Rin and Hyun Seung next, and Jin Rin answers saying that she hadn't understood it either.

"Of course no one else has the answer." I roll my eyes sarcastically. "Right when I really need them." Not wanting to waste anymore time, I decide to just scribble in a random answer, when pack my homework back into my backpack.

"If I get it wrong I don't care." I say to myself.

Feeling stressed and tired out, I decide to take a nap. I tuck myself into the soft downs feathers filled blanket, and try to get comfortable. My throat feels dry and parched, so I decide to go pour myself a cup of water. When I come back to my room, I nearly scream out in shock.

However I stop myself from screaming, knowing that I'd shock my dad if I did scream. Sitting at the foot of my bed, is a person that I've never seen before. He has mint hair, is very fair skinned, and most shocking of all, a pair of whitely glowing feathered wings attached to his back.