Chapter 2: The Great Expectations

Ready or not, here I come,
You can't hide
Gonna find you
And make you want me

Homeroom was my first period and luckily, Logan Peters was in my class.

I didn't have this class with Zoe and Jadine, so I was by myself.

I wasn't exactly a loner, I just wanted to be left alone most of the time. I had other friends, but sometimes, their stupidity just irritated me to my limit. I would much rather spend my time alone than deal with drama. I was actually pretty known for being in the swimming team of our school. Other than, of course, being the legendary Kaden Solace's little sister.

But hey, I could be social if I wanted to.

A source told me (Jadine), that she spotted Logan reading The Great Expectations yesterday, so I decided to bring my own copy and pretend to read it in his presence.

I've read the book already, but it wasn't my type. It actually took me a long time to read it, which was rare for me. I loved reading and when I heard we needed to read this book for English this year, I read it in advance like what I usually did. It was a nicely written novel, but I wouldn't want to reread it.

I glanced around the room, looking for a certain golden boy. My eyes landed on Logan, who was sitting two seats away from my right. He was indeed reading The Great Expectations, and I couldn't help but notice how done he looked.

I whipped my book out and raised it in front of me, pretending to read it.

"Yuck, why are you, like, reading?" Nancy asked, raising her eyebrows at my book. "Like, girl, your outfit is, like, on point today, so like, don't ruin it by looking like a nerd."

I didn't really know her, but what I know was that she was a curly brunette who couldn't not say 'like'. If I had a dollar every time she said like, I would be a freaking zillionaire now.

"At least I know when to say like," I muttered under my breath, not letting her know that she caught my attention. She tried talking to me again, but I simply ignored her. I didn't feel like dealing with her numerous likes.

From my peripheral vision, Logan stood up. My heart raced a little bit with excitement and it beat faster and faster as he walked nearer.

"Hey Nancy," Logan said. Nancy, obviously enjoying Logan's attention on her, bent down, allowing him to look at her cleavage.

I rolled my eyes. I was all for showing them what you got, but she was doing it in a wrong way.

"Yes?" she replied, batting her eyelashes.

Logan, however, paid no attention to her boobs. "Do you mind moving to my seat? It's okay if you don't want though, I wouldn't want to cause you trouble."

I rolled my eyes again. Of course he was playing the good boy persona.

"No, like, no, it's, like, fine, really." Nancy giggled quickly before standing up. "You can, like, sit here."

He flashed her a grateful charming grin. "Thanks, Nancy."

I looked at Nancy, and she looked like she was about to faint. With an obvious blush on her cheeks, she breathed a no problem and surprisingly, without any 'like'.

He waited before Nancy scampered off to his seat before talking to me.

Now this wasn't exactly unusual. Logan and I were acquaintances since we had mutual friends and we say hi's and hello's sometimes.

But I can't say I wasn't surprised. Logan Peters was polite, but he wasn't overly friendly. He often keeps himself behind a book when he wasn't with a girl. It was a miracle that he made the first move to talk to me. I had to thank Jade for that.