Chapter 5: The Trash

If it hurts and you can't take no more
Lay it all on me

"So..." Ivan began with a smirk, sitting on where Zachary was a while ago. "You're Katherine Solace, the girl everyone's been talking about."

"The one and only," I said, bowing sarcastically in greeting. "Tell me, what are the people saying?"

"I would," he nodded at the thought, his eyes twinkling in amusement. "If you go out with me."

I chuckled. I didn't know why I was so surprised he managed to transition to that. He was a player, of course he'd be smooth. "Wow, you are fast."

He shrugged like it was no big deal. "So is it a yes?"

"Why would you want to go out on a date with me?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I don't know, I just feel like it," he said. He pretended to ponder before leaning into me with his famous crooked smile. "Besides, I couldn't help but notice that you look a lot like my next girlfriend."

"Hitch?" I raised an eyebrow at him. "Really? You quote movies now?"

He threw his hands up. "See, this is why it's going to be interesting going out with you. The others can't even tell I'm just quoting movies to get them to bed."

I didn't even bother commenting on his disgusting, player ways even though I had to admit that it was pretty clever. Movie lines were iconic, and if used properly and if the girl was unaware, then it'd be a huge score. "Well then, you're not gonna win me anytime soon, I watched a lot of movies."

"It was worth a try," he said as he relaxed on the chair.

"Do girls actually fall for that?" I chuckled, finding it hard to believe that movie quotes was a way for Ivan to get girls to sleep with him.

"100 percent," he laughed. I was surprised to hear that his laugh actually sounded amazing, like it was melodic. I actually felt like my ears were blessed.

So this was why girls like him too much. He was very... musical.

"Wait," he drawled, "what made you get into detention?"

I clicked my tongue in annoyance, remembering Zachary. "It was because of someone being a smartass. What about you?" I asked even though I wasn't really surprised as to why he was here.

Ivan Miller, the class clown and always took everything as a joke—except music. He had dark brown skin and short, curly hair that looked so puffy and cute. He had the lightest brown eyes I've ever seen and I remembered Zoe writing down that girls melted whenever he stared at them. If he wasn't singing or playing pranks, he'd be at the gym, working out. It was unfair that he had the perfect body, face, and that he was musically inclined too.

Jade wrote down that he used to be a jock, but he quit for his band. She and Zoe were fans of his band while I had no idea what their music sounded like.

"I don't have detention," he said, making me tilt my head to the side in confusion. "I was just told you were here, and I had some free time."

"Well, someone's desperate," I mused.

A smirk spread across his lips, enjoyment evident in his light brown eyes. "I just really wish that you'd come home with me. You're so cute and I'm really good in bed."

If I didn't know any better, I would've smacked him already. But instead of doing that, I burst out laughing. "Leaving Las Vegas? You seriously aren't giving yourself points."