Chapter 23: The Song

And you need to know
You're the only one, alright alright
And you need to know
That you keep me up all night, all night

"Can I borrow your lipstick?"

I turned to the brunette girl with red highlights beside me who had just spoke. She had the prettiest bronze skin but also the messiest hair. Her lipstick was devastatingly smudged, so I reluctantly handed mine to her out of pity.

"Are you a fan of the band that's playing tonight?" I asked, opting for a small talk as I fixed my hair in front of the comfort room's mirror.

She briefly glanced at me as she reapplied her lipstick. "Totally. I actually met them, and they're so nice!"

I smiled. "That's good to hear."

The Latina handed me back my lipstick and leaned in, as if she was about to tell me she was secretly a man.

"Not only that, but one of them is good in bed too," she giggled flirtatiously.

"Damn, is that why you're a hot mess right now?" I questioned and she nodded enthusiastically. "Well, who is it?"

"You know the hot black guy?" she asked in a dreamy voice.

My eyebrows shot up. "Jordan?"

"No, you silly!" she giggled yet again. "The other one with the eyes that remind you of chocolate!"

I felt my whole body go stiff. "Ivan? Ivan Miller?"

"Yes!" she cheered, clapping her hands. "That guy is good. Probably the best I've ever had."

I cleared my throat. "Where did you guys, um, do it?"

"Backstage," she sighed. There was a faraway look in her eyes, as if she was remembering the moment. "His kisses are the bomb. That's why my lipstick is so smudged!"

Okay, I was definitely going to throw away this damn lipstick after.

"He told me he'd call me later, can you believe that?" she said excitedly. "I'm so excited! I can't wait to go out with him."

I gave her a tight lipped smile, just wanting to leave. Of course I could believe that. I mean, wasn't that what Ivan was known for?

"Anyway, I gotta go and watch him," she smiled and gave me a quick hug. In an instant, I recognized Ivan's scent on her. "Thanks for the lipstick and the chat, see you around, girlie!"

She skipped out of the comfort room after that, leaving me completely and utterly bewildered by myself.

I threw away the lipstick, not wanting to think about Ivan's lips touching hers. I felt so disgusted, and I had no clue why. Wasn't I supposed to be used to this? Wasn't this the whole thing why I agreed on this stupid bet anyway?

Even though I should've expected Ivan hooking up with other girls while flirting with me, I couldn't help but feel disappointed.

What if I wasn't playing him at all?

What if I'm the one getting played?

What if I was the only one getting attached?

I tried to think of Ivan not being in my life, and I shuddered when I realized it wouldn't be complete. He was a way bigger impact to me than Logan ever was because he could make me laugh and could always bring me up without even realizing it. I thought I was doing the same for him too, because he seemed to laugh more with me than with other girls.

But if he could hook up with another girl, then I was certain he wasn't going to fall for me anytime soon.

With a sigh, I strode out of the bathroom.